gadgeteer123

Eclipse 8062, Need help on install

I Just got a pair of Eclipse 8062 6.5" mid-bass's with there crossovers, and no tweeters for $60. I thought it was a good deal so i got them, I needed a upgrade from my polk db 4x6's. I tried the eclipse out in the house in a quickly made box and they sounded great, but I cannot get them to fit in the car where they will be completely sealed like they need to be. My speaker holes are 4x6" on the top of my dash facing the windshield in each corner (I will post pics). I need help figuring out a good solution to where they will sound good and look kinda decent in the car. I can't put them in the doors and i am not allowed to do any permanent modifications to this car. So what are some good options?? Also the magnets on these just fit through the 4x6" hole so I was thinking about cutting some 1/4" wood to fit nicely on the dash and paint it to match, but then I was wondering if the windshield would be a phasing problem, because my car already has a lot of phase issues.

IMG00117-20101103-0728.jpg

IMG00118-20101103-0729.jpg

IMG00119-20101103-0729.jpg

IMG00120-20101103-0729.jpg

I vote the plywood. Any car or mounting location is going to have some phasing issues to contend with.

The refections may be the thing that gets you. But you'll have to try them to see.

ok, well be prepared to help me with phasing issues in about a week. If anyone else has more suggestions go at it.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

fiberglass.....or do some door panels i find it hard to believe it will fit.

well I can't do anything to the doors, I can't modify the car. Not my car. so basically whatever I do to it needs to be able to be completely undone.