Hzd Skizzy

Head Unit OEM applications?

So, I just picked up an 07 Mazda 3, and if you have seen these cars... they have a b*tch of a dash. (For aftermarket head units). I have already picked out a few dash kits and such. Plus, the mazda has steering wheel controls just for the radio so it would be cool if I could keep those if there is a head unit that I could hook up to those. And if not... then that is a bummer. So basically I'm looking for a decent head unit that can possibly hook up to the steering wheel. I would like the head unit to not look "out of place" as well. Basically not look like crap. Not to worried about budget right now until i get further into it but I would like some suggestions that fit my description.

thanks for any input.

I was looking at one of these...Jensen... Just need some input on this brand. I won't be running speakers off the head unit. I'll have 2 amps. 1 for a sub stage and 1 for the front stage. Plus, in the description there's a link to where you can buy a wire that will let you use steering controls. Just wondering if this unit is worth the money.

Edited by Hzd Skizzy

That radio will allow you to do a steering wheel interface with the right Pac part, but I am biased against Jensen.

I'd much rather put a Kenwood in for a little more money. The only thing the Kenwood lacks when compared to the Jensen is HD radio which isn't essential. The kenwood looks better, and the user interface is levels above. I've installed and played around with both. Kenwood takes the cake.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22257_Kenwood+DDX516+-DDX-516-.html

$80 will make a big difference

Oh Cool! That was the exact response i was looking for. Didn't find it on sonic when i was searching earlier; maybe because it is out of stock. But thanks for the mini-review and suggestion will look into that.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

I agree with todd. My friend has a Jensen and it blows terribly. It's so bad he and everyone I know agrees. LOL

I am also Kenwood biased though..

Just my 2 cents.