azphat12

Subs/Box for 08 Civic SI coupe

Hello everyone!

Was wondering if people could help me. I currently have the following...

2 12" JL Audio W3v2 2ohm

1 Rockford Fosgate T1000.1BD

I built a 3.5 cu/in ported box for them and they sound fine. Problem is the box is the wrong dimensions for the 2008 Civic Si Coupe.

My current available space is..

H = 15"

W = 37"

D = 18" preferably smaller

Those are the MAX dimensions that will fit in my trunk. I am not worried about the opening to the truck as I will build the box in the trunk if I have too.

What I am wondering is if anyone has a box build that would work for the SA 12's that would work for my Civic.

Just need the outside box dimensions and port dimensions and I can build it.

I am not very good with design, but I can build a solid box.

Also, I have an Optima Yellow top in the engine bay and will be doing the big 3 upgrade prior to my audio install with 1/0 guage wiring.

I also plan on buying a new alternator to balance the charging system.

My amplifier currently is rated at 1250 watts RMS into 1 ohm. I think that would be a nice fit with the SA12's being 600rms each.

I am not looking for SPL competition stuff....I want loud/clean comprimise.

With my amp, what size box should I run? Is 3.5 air space optimal with my wattage available? Also what should I tune the box too. Currently my ported box is at 32hz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have everything except the SA12's currently.

But the JL 12w3's recommend the same 1.75 air space so I can build everything in preparation on getting SA12's in the near future.....(tax time!!!).

If it helps I listen to rap, rock, metal, and bass music mainly. Think Eazy E, Too Short, Pantera, Metallica, and Dj Magic Mike or Dj Fury mainly.

I know...wide variety, lol.

I have a 4v preout Alpine deck CDA9887 I think it is

2 sets of Boston Acoustic 6.5" components

1 Rockford Fosgate T600.4 amp

I had an 06' with two twelves. The box measured approx: 34-1/8"W x 14-7/8"H x 16-1/2"D1 (top) x 11-1/2"D2 (bottom), D1 and D2 are the angled dimensions. Internal approx 2.5 cf.

I do not have any pics. The car was slow as molasses. I had the car for 2 months then traded it in for a RSX-S. All I can tell you is that the dimensions I gave you fit the 06' Civic.

Your current box should be just fine for 2 SA12s

Heres a link for more info..

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SA%252d12.html

So yea 3.5 cubes @32 will be fine... Or am I misunderstanding your question?

My current box was made for my former Explorer. Subs up / port back.

The main issue is that box is 20" height and will not fit in the trunk without tearing out the trunk bars and the stock sub.

I wanted to build a wider box that is not as high and just disconnect the stock sub, but leave it in its location for resale later down the road.

I like the subs..dont get me wrong. They sound good for what I paid, however I got 2 2ohm DVC subs. I can only manage to get the amp to see a 2ohm load.

If I buy the SA 12's I will get the DVC 4 ohm version so I can wire them to 1ohm and draw more power from the amp.

Figure sell the box/subs and buy the SA 12's. Maybe have to bring a little extra cash to buy them, but should not be too much.

Also, what should I build the box too. Subs up / port back or subs back / port back? Or another way? I have not had a trunk in some time, so not sure.