dr00mx

IB in 97 trans am

Hey guys,

so my girlfriends brother has a trans am and is trying to find a sub to go in it.

the problem is he doesn't want to lose the t-top space in the back which means no box for a sub.

In his car there is a board that seals off the hole where the sub is sitting. When the trunk is shut, it's sealed off.

Anyways my question is what's a good sub to use for a set up like this? (10in under $200)

Trunk5-31-09.jpg

(not his trunk, just pic for reference)

Thank you.

Edited by DanK

i used to have a few camaro's with this back hatch area like this. option 1. forget about the t-top holders and just build a wedge style box to fit in there (like the picture). option 2. I believe its Q Logic who sells a custom sealed enclosure for those cars, it hides in the back side allowing you access to the t-top holders. nothing special at all but its an option. If he is semi-serious about his system then he should go with option 1. those camaro's/trans-ams always sounded good for me with the sound bouncin off that back window.

I think i was wrong about that q logic idea, cant seem to find it. I know if you get the bose system in those there is a 8".. maybe 10" sub in the rear. might be able to build something into that area.

Unfortunately, you can not get a proper seal, nor do you have the proper area in there for and IB application.

30k6e75.jpg

found that Here never used this company at all, just showing you the box i was talking about.

here's another that seems to have done both.

ape91l.jpg

smashedz28 thank you for such a quick reply.

I'll show him the options and see what he thinks.

Personally i would go with the last option.

So the IB option is out of the question?

I mean he has sum old sub in there right now and it doesn't sound too bad, of course it cannot be compared to a boxed sub.

You might be able to fit a box on the rear shelf placed up to the back seat for a single or dual 8. IIRC I saw a build like that somewhere.