Sign in to follow this  
kraz3one

wanting to replace my Q

I'm thinking about getting another 12" I currently have the Q in a sealed box and love the response and how quick it is to catch everything I throw at it; I have a sax-1200 running it. But I'm looking for something new and a little louder. Is it worth trying it in a ported box before I sell it or should I just jump to the RL-p is this sub any better?

I keep hearing good things about it. I listen to a wide range of music depends on what im diggin at the moment. Owned a w7 before and old re se and some other not worth mentioning. So far Q has to be a favorite.

If you have the room for the ported enclosure I'd try that first. It should be a big difference in output.

If you have the room for the ported enclosure I'd try that first. It should be a big difference in output.

There is plenty of room in the 4runner that just mean my puppy can't lay back there any more.

Decisions, decisions.

What if you did a box with a width from fenderwell and to fenderwell and had a height of 12" or so, depth of cargo area. Down fire, and dog can sit on box.

If you did this, mine as well just get enough Q and have two of them sealed or ported. More output either way.

Try it ported for sure. Pretty sure it will suite your needs for being "louder". I had a 12" Q in a 2.5ft^3 box tuned to 32hz. It was very flat and even response. :)

Even a little adjustment I hear differences I move it away from the hatch a bit and notice a clean and louder hit. Yeah I been talking to a guy in WA and argent audio if I end up with the down firing idea I rather get it down locally. I like that though, like the drawer I had in the 87' runner. I wonder how much room there is in the side panels for amps.

Why has nobody asked what options he has on the Q ?