Sign in to follow this  
faulkton

check box plans for rlp

Im trying to make plans i can take to a shop and have built. Never done this before. Im trying to get 3.5CF net @ 28hz (rec from mike). The program im using is bassbox pro 6. How does this look? Does it have enough vent area? Do i need to add braces or anything?

boxforrlp3bg.jpg

that looks okay to me, but I'm not familiar with BBpro but it looks like a nice program.

If you can spare the weight I always go with more bracing.

the wood thickness at 1" is good if you actually have 1" but most mdf is .75" so make sure you can get 1" before you plan on it.

I'll build it if you are anywhere near Spokane WA

you should do a double mounting ring and flush mount that way the screws have more wood to bite into and it will be stiffer overall without adding too much weight. I prefer to use hurricane nuts and bolts that way if I take the driver out a few times I don't strip the wood.

you should add a bit of poly fill just to absorb motor and mechanical noise something like .4-.5 lbs per cubic foot will work well and it will also make your box larger (to the speaker) so if space is a consideration you can use polyfill to decrease box size and the speaker won't know the diff. Polyfill is almost always a good thing.

the port looks fine just make sure to use a roundover bit to smooth it out you dont want 90 deg angles. If you want to go real trick you can fiberglass the port and make it more circular by adding small 45 deg pieces of wood vertically in the port that way the area of the port is more consistent througout the length.

later,

b