no_username

Wanted to point something out with the DCON Dia

So the DIA is 9.25 my box dia is 9.25

but the dcon bars stick out just a tad to far to where it wont fully be inserted into the box. Now i have to get a rubber mallet and something soft to pound it in to fit.

I dont know if this is normal but i thought id put it out there

I actually had a similar issue with my XCON 10's. Nothing a little sanding can't fix. Make sure you don't bend the basket.

Yeah i was thinking about sanding, all i have is emery cloth. Will shall see how that works ;-)

Is the dia on the xcon 9.25?

Yes all of the SSA 10's are.

As Rick said, just sand it. You could do it in five minutes by hand with a sanding block.

Mine was a VERY tight squeeze. Had to use a standard screwdriver to pry it up when I took it out.

Well sanding my hand is a pain in the ol geezer. Hitting up lowes tomorrow for a sanding block and some rough grit paper.

Good idea, kind of what i was thinking phi

if you use 80grit paper you can sand it down quickly by hand. Even here we do not use anything but paper and our hands when this happens. I like to try and keep the circle as close to perfect as possible to ensure the seal.

We normally cut a little bigger, and with the new setup for circle cutting they are 1/32 larger then the size we select to allow a little play..but we do not do a 1/16 because that can cause issues with customers and centering the sub some times.

As for why the cutout works sometimes for them and others and other times they don't. It may have to do with how the frame is coated. Ever now and then it may be thicker on one then another.

I just bought some rough grit sandpaper sponge. Went pretty quick and got as even as i could

Also the rubber on the subs cause forba wider dia also

Got a good tight fit though:)

I will make a note to ensure that the OD for the flush mounts are cut a tad large for easier fitment. Shouldn't be an issue but it could be the new carpet we switched to now.

I had this problem with a 10" Dcon I built a box for. I cut all the pieces, including the sub cutout with a CNC router, so the cuts were perfect. When I went to put the sub in, the spokes on the basket were too large. Had to do a good amount of heavy sanding to get it to fit. Even then it was very tight and nearly impossible to remove.

Yeah i had to sand esch hole for like 2 hrs even then the basket wouldnt fully fit. Had to push on them

They should update there sizes

For the lip on the basket & the dia with the rubber grommet

The 10-15" baskets have been from the same supplier since day one. Yes, the coating has changed a little from time to time, but everything else is the same. Mark nor I have had this issue.

The 10-15" baskets have been from the same supplier since day one. Yes, the coating has changed a little from time to time, but everything else is the same. Mark nor I have had this issue.

Are the baskets sand cast or die cast? I can see what look like ejector pin locations on the inside of the basket, but I am not sure. From an engineering perspective, the baskets do not have a uniform wall thickness, leading to shrinking and out of roundness issues. Just recently I tinkered with a pair of 15s with 12 spoke baskets where the diameters were under sized causing a driver centering issue and the mounting screws not catching the wood. The drivers I messed with were not SSA per say but they were 1st gen BTLs. Just a thought.