Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

size differences

what differences would i notice with a 12 inch with these differnt box sizes, 1.0CF, 1.3CF, 1.5CF

would i loose any sound quality or puchiness as i went bigger? i ask becuase i found a way to make a bit more space in my truck and as you all saw my box design in another post it ended up around 1.25CF after displacement.

if you think it will make a "good" difference i can crank it up to about 1.3-1.4CF after displacement.

I had my box done today, and this issue was brought up. The designer insisted on having it 1.25 cubes, and I kept resisting. I specifically instructed him to have it 1.5 after displacement. So what can we expect from the differences(0.5 - 1.5 cubes)??

Larger box = lower F10's, higher F3's. More bottom bottom end. There won't be a huge difference in sound, but a larger sealed enclosure almost always gives you more bottom end. SQ will still be great in any box bigger than 0.4 cubes for a Magnum 12.

Larger box = lower F10's, higher F3's. More bottom bottom end. There won't be a huge difference in sound, but a larger sealed enclosure almost always gives you more bottom end. SQ will still be great in any box bigger than 0.4 cubes for a Magnum 12.

who wait Nick, .4 cubes???????? or .4 cubes over 1.5?

Nick ignore the last reply, I completely understand it. My box without brackets and driver is around 1.5. I guess after displacement it would fall somewhere around 1.2-1.3. I am happy that it complies with your parameters and recommendations. =)

Larger box = lower F10's, higher F3's. More bottom bottom end. There won't be a huge difference in sound, but a larger sealed enclosure almost always gives you more bottom end. SQ will still be great in any box bigger than 0.4 cubes for a Magnum 12

In my enclosure building experiences, I have almost always gotten a lower F3 as well as F10 as box volume has increased. Now this is only in general, but I have found when I go too large, that is when my F10 lowers and the F3 rises. But that's just my experience.

Edited by Tirefryr

well i got it up to 1.3CF after displacement without redesigning the whole box so thats as big as it gets hehe.

should be a bit of a step up from 1.25

wow i just multiplied 1.3CF by 20 and 30 percent( this is the increase most say you get with an effective polyfil job) and after displacement my box would be like 1.6-1.7CF

will polyfill really do that or am i smokin crack?

that just seems like a huge increase. should i tone my box down so it stays around 1.5CF with polyfil or is your recomended top box size or 1.5 on the site assuming it guna have polyfil in it?

No, just keep what you have and either use polyfil or don't use it. You can always take it out if you want (or vice-a-versa).