Welcome to SSA Car Audio Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sundownz

What version SA-8 do you have ?

5 posts in this topic

SA-8_Versions.jpg

So it is a bit confusing due to several updates along the way... so the above should help out when ordering a re-cone kit.

We need to know what version you have to built the correct kit.

Aside from the box printing being a bit mis-leading it's not super hard to understand using the above picture.

The 60 unit run of "v.2" woofers (v1.75) was only sold to a few people who knew up front about what they were -- I just had the factory put v.2 on the box so we would know what they were as we unloaded the truck. But I am sure someone will get one of them second hand. They can be re-coned to standard v1.5 parts with copper coil and hard spider.

As the photo indicates the baskets cannot be swapped around. This is due to a bolt pattern variation -- some savvy users have drilled their own patterns and that is fine as all version v1 through v1.75 have compatible motors -- there is only a slight gap variation across generations of those but not enough to make a significant difference when using them together.

The actual v.2 model is COMPLETELY different. Someone would have to make custom adapters and/or drill and tap the top plate of an older motor to use the basket. I am not planning to offer this adapter.

I was wondering, i have 4 of the v1s and 4 of the v1.5s and i was wondering if i would be ok to run all 8 of them together in the same box since they use the same coils and the same spiders and are the same wattage, or if not since technically they arent 100% the same because of the different baskets they have

Assuming they have the same spider pack that is fine.

I am one of the lucky ones that has 4 of the rare SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL, as Jacob Called them with the extra spiders and the upgraded CCAW voice coil. He said they should handle in upwards to 1000wrms or more.. I have yet to hear them as I haven't hooked them up yet. I totaled my Sierra while I was building a custom fiberglass box for my 2008 Sierra Crew Cab SLT with a 3" seat lift with the subs firing forward and two ports painted white with two strips of blue LED's if anyone is intersted.

I will sell the subs as all 4. Not willing to break them up unless I have someone who is committed into buying 2 and another person comitted into buying the second pair. And Committed, I mean, money in my Paypal account.

I will also sell my sub box and seat lift separately or all as one package. Not to post dump on this thread as a for sale thread, I'm sure someone on here would love to have 2-4 of these super rare SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL fully upgraded and maybe it fits their application having a NNBS crew cab. 

jessesampson @ hotmail . com  remove the spaces. I hate SPAM. I don't get on the board that much. You can PM me on caraudioclassifiedes.com as "Texas Edition" as I have them for sale on there also. I just posted them. I want a pair of Z V.3 15's or 18's or a pair of PSI Car Audio Platform 2 15's or 18's.

Sorry if this is off topic. If it's completely off topic and needs to be removed, let me know and I will just post the part about the SA-8's.

In your pictures for the V.2, which I verified I have with the CCAW Voice Coil and an extra stiffer spider pack, the box says 600 rms, not 500 rms. Was that a typo Jacob?