Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

Box Suggestions

I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy. I'm running 2 Sundown SA15's on a Hifonics BRE1600.1 I'm getting ready to start a new box because i realized a measured the last one wrong so i only have about 4.5 cubes net. Clearly not enough for the subs . Here are my maximum dimensions. I can go 37 wide THE'ts right on the wheels wells would probably have about a 1/4" on each side. I would go 25 deep. Gives me about 7 1/2 inches to the back hatch. 24 high gives about a foot to the roof. Any idea's for a box. Probably just gonna stick with 35hz and I want it to be very loud but i want to be able to listen to music not just do burps. I think that's all the needed info right?

any body??

no help at all?

I have some spare time tomorrow. I'll see if I can cook up something and see what you think. what orientation are you looking for? Sub up port back?

yes sir. Sub up port back

Sorry man. I've been real busy and had an emergency call in at a plant.

I should have time tomorrow to see what I can come up with.

Ok I came up with a couple designs. See what you think about these.

height: 24

width: 36

depth: 25

port: 3 common wall 22.5 x 5.5 length: 23

35.1 hz tuning

123.75 in^2 port area

7.74 ft^3 net

height: 24

width: 34

depth: 23

port: 3 common wall 22.5 x 5 length: 29

35.1hz tuning

112.5 in^2 port area

6.1 ft^3 net

Net volume does not include bracing. Not sure what you wanted to use to brace. I usually use 1"-1.5" dowel rods. It will consume a bit of the net volume but unless you go crazy it will not have a significant effect.

Keep in mind I am not a professional designer. I do this for fun and for free. If you wanted to pay someone to make a design for you they may come up with something better. If you are chasing numbers there is probably a different design that would yield better scores. That being said I have designed and built several boxes. Some were full of fail, some were pretty badass. This game is all trial and error and every application and expectations are a little different.

Hope this helps