Sign in to follow this  
PhillBoy20XD6

Opinions on gear wanted

Lets say budget is around 5000, I want good SQ up front and I want to be able to colapse my chest when I want to, I have an amp for the components (audioque 120.4, one optima red top, (2) RE SX 12 subs, the rca cables and maybe enough 1/0 gauge to do the job)

When I do searches for wire(s) so many topics come up that aren't even relavent its insane to try to sort through but if you know one off hand I have no problem reading just finding the material. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Wire is wire for the most part. Anything from kicker, stinger, streetwires, etc is fine. You may run into some cheaper wire that has a little less strand count, but 8awg wire is relatively inexpensive, so the previously mentioned is a safe bet.

Audio Technix 10 ga. speaker wire.

http://audiotechnix....ga-speaker-wire

I posted those links to the Focal and Arc components only because some of the speakers listed were < $300 and better quality than the Alpine, maybe you did not look at all of them.

10 gauge speaker wire, are you out of your fucking mind?

14 or 16 gauge speaker wire from monoprice is a good deal. i also like their 'premium' RCA's for the money.

i've used kicker, stinger, and plain welding cable for power wire. i would recommend the welding cable if you need quite a bit of it (between power run and big three). kicker and stinger cable looks better but you could always techflex the welding cable.

What speakers have you heard/owned in the past? Remember any specifics as to what you liked or disliked about each?

I have a component set of Alpine's I like em personally not to harsh and decent on mids. I enjoy my RE's they have a ton of bass and are still crisp.

Im thinking about up to $350 for front stage read some reviews maybe the Focal Polyglass, DLS OP6i, uh many to chose from