tbear55

amplifier problems...power up but produce no sound

I've got two grl5500's that I picked up cheap and used for awhile while I was doing upgrades. Problem I ran into is that when I upgraded my alt. I made a noob mistake of not upgrading my fuse to rear battery. I know Duh! Adw I didn't catch it and everything was fine until my rear batteries voltage just gave out. After doing all the proper wiring upgrades, which I should have done first, I charged the battery made sure it was fine then proceeded to hook amps back up. They powered up but produced no sound. Not for sure what to do. I've since got my sundown in, but would have liked to recoup some money on these. Any ideas on what could be the problem or just write it up as a loss and ditch them?

if u did a direct amp swap using same cables and the sundown works, then it's definitely gonna cost you between 60-150 to repair probably.

Yeah the sundown worked fine. Those amps only cost 250 new. I can't get a hold of spl to see about cost of repair. What do you think I could get out of them if I just sold them as a pair for someone else to fix? I'm thinking $75-100 would be fair. I don't need them anymore anyway.