Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

HO Alt for '02 Kia Sephia

Does anyone know where to look for a HO alt for an 02 Kia Sephia? 

Looking for a 140-175a for a friends car, the only one we can find is a 140a for ~500

One would also need to know the size of the engine.  To find the exact match..

But after looking around they seem difficult to find no matter what the engine size is!  That's a tough one.

It's the 1.8L I-4

Edited by SpeakerBoy

wow, that's a rough car to find an alternator for, he may need to have his rewound somewhere locally would be my best opinion, but I did find this...

http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/2655553.html

It's possible that someone local might be able to re-wind his alternator for an even higher output than this one in the link however it does cost 300-500 dollars I assume, as it would around here.

If he found one with a higher output for $400 that seems to be one of only a couple options. 

Micheal Singer at http://singeralternators.com/ from ohio is really good at what he does, maybe send him an email with the cars year, make, model, engine size, and engine idle speed and see what he can do!  His alternators are lifetime garunteed and cost a bit over 400 dollars.

Edited by THX_Elite

I just recommended him to Singer an hour or so ago laugh.png 

He has already found an off brand 140a for his car, for $450

We were just looking for a better alternative, before the purchase. 

tryna talk him into an Ethos 12 tongue.png

It won't be over 2-2.5kw rms total, so how strong of an alt do we really need for this car? He's looking at a Hifonics BRX1600.1D and possibly a Q-120 for the doors. He also wants a pair or a set of large batteries for the trunk, it's looking like two D3100's or three 3400's. He wants to be able to park and play - I explained how hard this can be on the electrical, but it's an important factor to him. 

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I just recommended him to Singer an hour or so ago laugh.png 

He has already found an off brand 140a for his car, for $450

We were just looking for a better alternative, before the purchase. 

tryna talk him into an Ethos 12 tongue.png

It won't be over 2-2.5kw rms total, so how strong of an alt do we really need for this car? He's looking at a Hifonics BRX1600.1D and possibly a Q-120 for the doors. He also wants a pair or a set of large batteries for the trunk, it's looking like two D3100's or three 3400's. He wants to be able to park and play - I explained how hard this can be on the electrical, but it's an important factor to him. 

140 amp w/ extra batterie(s) would be plenty with that amount of amprage.  The big decision is (do I want to chance getting the off brand for the same price as a lifetime warranty Singer?  which actually might be cheaper btw!!!  I was quoted $439 for a 220 amp alternator and garunteed a 30-40 amp boost at idle!) lol...I am in the same decision process myself, and am also going to get another Battery (a Diehard Platinum PC1750), ODYSSEY makes those batteries!!!!

I also like to "park and play" a little bit.  I am running 1600w RMS daily with the Hifonics BRX1600.1D, and a Hifonics ZRX1000.4D for the doors, I wanted a lot of overhead power for the door speakers for clarity and it works wonderfully! (I really like both amps so far.. I've used them for over a year now) on one Odyssey group 65 PC1750 under the hood on a stock 90-110amp alternator, park and play produces big voltage drops on this low of an alternator, but for driving around and bumping I havn't had much, if any issues.  And I don't just bump, I max that shit everytime, daily LOL.

Edited by THX_Elite