xclusiv3

electrics

ok yea in the other post i said ordered 2 12" mags and a sundown 1500D

thinkin of money for install and the issue of batt/alt/wires came to mind

will i have to upgrade battery or alt. with the install???

oh and this shop guy said with a stock head unit i need sum continuous thing that when i turn up the volume the bass doesnt turn down...???.... saying i need some $200 thing to stop that and make it sound like i have an aftermarket HU...compared it to a JL cleansweep just that is to expensive

neways thanks!

You need something to remove the factory equalization in the stock headunit which will probably be cutting the lower frequencies as voltage increases (volume gain) to compensate for crappy stock speakers and prevention of failure. Personally, I'd try it without this. You may be able to get by with the headunit and not have a problem.

What is the vehicle we are speaking of.

I must say, the installer you are working with seems to be educated rather well as not many people are aware of this.

try with stock...

but if u were goin to invest the $200, i would rather get a HU rather than this device u guys talkin about.

depends...on some newer gm's, tha $200 will barely cover the dash kit (if there is even one) and the wiring harness, again, if there is even one available. now youhave to add in the cost of a headunit.....

so the $200 for the device could be money very well spent, especially if he has the premium package that somenew cars have...ie: indash 6 disc changers, navigation, even treble, mid , bass controls......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

car: 2006 Nissan Maxima

this is the same guy that told me 32hz is strictly for SPL contests and burping so im not sure hopefully he is smarter the appears

and im planning on doing a double din headunit later on i just need more money so mayb i will go with stock for now...

but what about the battery issue will it need to be changed?

upgrading your battery will only help. do you need it with 1500wrms? maybe not, but the better battery will definitely help.

32hz strictly for spl? lol..ok...maybe he knows electronics, but he surely doesn't know spl, very few rides can burp great numbers there....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: