Sign in to follow this  
alaskanbass

BTL

so i talked to my friend and he said when he gets back in town he'll hit me up to buy my amp and sub.. but i am going to try to talk him into buy my type r's along with my amp and kicker sub for 950 or 1000 dollars. hopefully he does and that way i can order everything at once.. alrighty thanks guys.. so as soon i as i get word ill put an order in on a 15 standard BTL. thanks again.

oh yeah.. what would shipping be to Wasilla Alaska 99654

one more thing.i seen a guys 15BTL on steave meades website forum. and he had the problem with tensel slap or something and it went right through the spider. did that get fixed?

Edited by alaskanbass

Thanks for signing back up! Sorry about the crash and deletion of accounts.

Usually shipping to AK or HI is less through the Postal service... not too mention faster too.

You are looking at an extra $67.50 for shipping of a standard 2 magnet BTL to your zip.

Im not sure about whose sub had an issue on SMD, but the one that I know of ended up being abuse from playing the sub 15 hz below tuning without a subsonic filter(as he tolde veryone in posts on here and CA.com). As the BTLs are designed primarily for SPL, certain design considerations were made. If you are sitting the sub down into the spiders with high excursion and lots of power, eventually the leadwire will rub on the spiders. We have yet to have a failure because of this and the subs simply play on as normal.

Im bummed that the forum went down as I could search here for the same info... but its gone now.

Ill get others to post their system designs and thoughts on things so that people can easily search for recommendations and info again. That way you can see if others are having issues, or simply loving their products and base your decisions off of that as well.

Thanks,

Scott

ive already decided that i want to get a BTL 15. i was just wondering if it was a problem that happened alot or if it was abuse. and it was abuse then. alright thanks again.

I was the guy from SMD. Yea I had I minor problem with the magnet on that sub but Scott helped me out and I should have my new BTL Monday! Thanks Scott! I think I'll do a update on that post so people wont think I just got stuck with a broken sub! Sorry if i made the BTL look bad, i was just tryin to get some help and see what went wrong. From what I hear this DOES NOT happen often

Oh, thats the sub on SMD then? No worries there... not much can be done about a magnet cracking in half and things shifting over. First time I have ever seen a magnet crack all the way around in a circle. Crazy.

Let me know when you get this one in and that it arrives in good condition.

Thanks,

Scott

Fi Car Audio

Oh, thats the sub on SMD then? No worries there... not much can be done about a magnet cracking in half and things shifting over. First time I have ever seen a magnet crack all the way around in a circle. Crazy.

Let me know when you get this one in and that it arrives in good condition.

Thanks,

Scott

Fi Car Audio

I cant wait til it gets here. Im startin to miss it! I'll make sure I take pics too!

hey.. i just got a messege from my friend and he said that he'll think about it.. prlly 2 weeks or somethin. damnit. alrighty ill post up some for sale signs. emkay later

Sign in to follow this