jcarter1885

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport/Limited

I have more pictures but they are all over 5mb, which I notice wont upload. 

I dont have the subwoofer yet, enclosure was spur of the moment and Im very happy with the outcome. I still have the US Acoustics Mike amplifier for sub duty till I purchase a bigger amplifier next year. 

Front Stage amplifier is undecided. I have (2) SSA 6.5" Evil mids and (2) SB Acoustic SB29RDCN-C000-4 tweeters in hand, just needs to be installed. 

All wiring is in hand, alternator still undecided, batteries need to be purchased as well. Tint is another thing on the to do list. 

Edited by jcarter1885
Grammer

Nice looking box. Good luck with the rest of the build. Looking forward to updates. 

All main power and ground wires are 2/0 welding cable, wire for amps are 4gauge knu wire. Sub amplifier wires will get upgraded when more power is purchased later down the road. Im undecided on keeping the factory radio or installing a new bezel and buying a double din h/u or 80prs. 

Edited by jcarter1885

8 hours ago, Simmy said:

Nice looking box. Good luck with the rest of the build. Looking forward to updates. 

Thanks man

Woah, some sexy signed mids!

Temporary ground wire and distribution block for trunk, sanded down to metal and covered in plasti dip. Once I get an AGM battery for the rear after I upgrade the subwoofer amplifier, it will be replaced with a frame ground.

20171218_115520.jpg

20171218_121403.jpg

20180418_193431.jpg

Edited by jcarter1885
Grammar

That rounded box is beautiful !

My box builder tried that on my last box, but only on the length, not on the sides like yours. That is a great idea for my next box, someday.

Good luck for the build.

13 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

That rounded box is beautiful !

My box builder tried that on my last box, but only on the length, not on the sides like yours. That is a great idea for my next box, someday.

Good luck for the build.

Yeah man I was totally shocked with the box design, I thought it was going to be a normal rectangle enclosure. 

Thanks man

Temporary subwoofer amplifier installed, still waiting on other pieces to get here. 

20180203_090006.jpg

I do own a Hyundai Tucson 2015, Hyundai cars are one of the best cars in the whole world.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:08 AM, Dnosai said:

I do own a Hyundai Tucson 2015, Hyundai cars are one of the best cars in the whole world.

Yeah I love mine so far, no complaints as of yet.

I told myself I wasnt going to take any panels off or run any wires on this car and just let a shop do it. Luckily I found some DIYer YouTube videos and made it happen.  Power wire is ran, but not hooked up to the front battery yet, waiting to replace front battery soon. Factory battery came stock with an AGM but rather get a new one just to be on safe side since its 3 to 4 years old. 

20180311_180958.jpg

20180311_181001.jpg

20180311_180608.jpg

Edited by jcarter1885
Grammer

5 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Nice Ride Brother

Thank you Randal

Just some speaker wire being ran, driver side done the exact same way. No after pictures, I still need to find a way through the molex connectors.

20180316_190935.jpg

Edited by jcarter1885
Grammer

Fi Sp4 v2 was ordered last night, now I just sit here and twiddle my fingers till it gets here. I finally decided to swap the factory unit with an aftermarket h/u, processor will either be a JL Audio TWK88 or DD Audio DSI-1.

Im slowly making some progress fellas, bear with me.

Edited by jcarter1885
Grammer

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Dont know why I didn't think of covering my power wire run from front to back under the hood. Looks much better without the red jacket being visible.

I agree. Love the "stealthy factory" look. Nice work.

8 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I agree. Love the "stealthy factory" look. Nice work.

Thanks Randal, I gave some info in the other thread where you asked how to post pictures from your phone. All pictures posted here are straight from my phone.