Sign in to follow this  
audiohz

Can’t decide on amp for two kicker comp q 12’s

I have two kicker comp q 12’s dual 4ohm and looking at two different amps , the kicker cxa 1800.1 and the D’Amore engineering E1500.1         .              Love the idea of the E1500 but I feel like the kicker would be better power wise just not sure .                  

You won't hear a difference in power so just flip a coin, either amp will be a solid choice.

4 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

You won't hear a difference in power so just flip a coin, either amp will be a solid choice.

The kicker having a fixed sub sonic filter at 25hz 24db slope , the E1500 has an adjustable SSF with a 12db slope. My enclosure is tuned to 35hz . Just don’t want to have any issues with playing to far below tuning. 

3 minutes ago, audiohz said:

The kicker having a fixed sub sonic filter at 25hz 24db slope , the E1500 has an adjustable SSF with a 12db slope. My enclosure is tuned to 35hz . Just don’t want to have any issues with playing to far below tuning. 

Just depends on music choice really since most songs aren't really under 30 hz. But to be safe an adjustable subsonic filter will be wise especially if you are playing rebassed or boosted songs.