Sign in to follow this  
aLBiNOZeBra

BL 18'' or 15''

Ok im definately going to purchase a BL in the next few weeks.. i will soon enough have a zx1500.1 i was wondering which bl would be louder the 18 or the 15 cause i noticed the rms is the same and the only thing thats different is the size could somebody plz help me.

thnx mike

heh, me too...

but seriously, the 18 will be louder if you can get it in a big enough box...

cause im gonna get the cooling and the flatwind options on either the 18 or 15 idk bc im gonna give it close to 1800 i would say from a zx1500.1. it will be in a blazer xtreme in the future.. so idk if i can fit a big enough box in it next to the spare..i sorta want a 15 cause my friend has a killer box for his 15'' for a type r and i would sorta wanna listen to it first, and with the 18 i couldnt really test it until i made a box ;]

they bolth can and will get LOUD its all in the enclosure

they bolth can and will get LOUD its all in the enclosure

thats what i wanna hear. :]

my question was basically will the extra cone area on the 18'' make it get louder off the same watts?...cause they all have the same motor correct?...

I thought I replied but it isn't showing up? Well, I like the 18. I have 2 18s, and am happy. The 18 has more cone area, theoretically making it louder, but install is very important to all aspects of its performance. My vote is 18.

Agreed with above. 18 in the proper enclosure will be louder than the 15". But it does eat up about twice the space of a 15" to do so...

Thanks,

Scott

Agreed with above. 18 in the proper enclosure will be louder than the 15". But it does eat up about twice the space of a 15" to do so...

Thanks,

Scott

yah im not sure if the box for the 18'' would fit in the back of a blazer xtreme cause that dumb spare is right in the back sooo hmm i got some thinking to do. thank guys

Thanks,

Scott

yah im not sure if the box for the 18'' would fit in the back of a blazer xtreme cause that dumb spare is right in the back sooo hmm i got some thinking to do. thank guys

Easy, ditch it!!!!! Thats what I did and wow did it open up some space.

Who needs a spare anyway? :P

Thanks,

Scott

yah and then you get a flat....ill probally end up goin with the 15'' and put it in the recommended box ;]

Thanks,

Scott

yah and then you get a flat....ill probally end up goin with the 15'' and put it in the recommended box ;]

Well have fun when you get a flat and have to unhook and remove your entire setup.....

Thanks,

Scott

Well have fun when you get a flat and have to unhook and remove your entire setup.....

its better to be safe then sorry ;]

Sign in to follow this