Sign in to follow this  
helotaxi

Current build, SRT-4

Well I wired the front stage to the 275 using the ES-200 passives and the Drive30 as a HPF. Ground loop from hell. The 275 is really sensitive to source grounding. Really sensitive. I've used the same HU install with 2 different amp configs with my HCCAs and no noise. I ran the inputs straight to the 275 from the HU (my mids are subs and work just fine with no HPF) and the whine was decreased, but still there. SOFAS is coming out of the car. I just have to figure out what to replace it with. SAX-100.4 is the logical choice but will almost require an amp rack rebuild. I'd also like a bit more power on the midbasses and would end up turning the mid/tweets down with the Sundown. I wish the 250.2 was in the final stages of production.

Pics of where it stands to follow.

First the damage:

thescratch1jv4.jpg

thescratch2dg0.jpg

scratchanddenthg6.jpg

Here's the underhood wiring. I like the Knukonceptz terminal layout with two exceptions: there's no cover over the ring terminal bolt so I've got a live + post sticking up there and the set screw for the clamp is in a bad spot. I liked my Stinger experts much better except that I had to use a t-block to get the number of 1/0 outputs that I needed for the system. The one oreal complaint I have about the Knu battery teminals are that they don't grip the battery posts very well at all.

batteryterminalsvk0.jpg

The main system fuse. Most people add an aftermarket intake to get more power. For me it was to make room for the main fuse. The mounting plate is made of 1/16" aluminum and bolted to the battery tray. Again a Knukonceptz piece that works but I don't "love." The whole thing has to be disassembled to remove/replace the fuse including removing the wire from one end or the other. As it is, the only way I have to disconnect power from the system to work on it is by removing the power wire from the battery terminal. I would remover the whole ground terminal like I did with the Stinger terminals but it's almost impossible to get to the clamp screw on the negative terminal.

underhoodfusebw3.jpg

Here is where it all ended up, minus the vanity panels. The wiring was a temp solution until I made sure it was all working. Since it isn't working, I'm not cleaning up the wiring or making vanity panels until I finalize what I'm going to do with the amps. The Drive30 is mounted to the back of the passenger side rear seat allowing me to mess with it from the driver's seat and giving me easy access to the seial port to plug it into the laptop when I get it all ready to tweak (eventually).

ampsandprocessorfe1.jpg

amprackarearv7.jpg

The next step is to figure out what to do for amplification. From there I'll figure out which direction the amprack needs to go.

All in all this current iteration of my system build (ever since I tore out the setup that had been in there for 3 years untouched) has been very frustrating. My 9813 was killed when the 275 portion of SOFAS melted down. Fixed SOFAS. Bought new Alpine with NO processing. Installed my HCCA 250G5 running 3 JL 10W6s and it decide to quit for no good reason. Went to 2 Assassin 8s on the 2100HCCA and wired up a PRA-H400 that I had for crossover an time alignment duty. Was repositioning the processor with it's fuse pulled and power harness disconnected when the ground wire came in contact with the hot lead on my mini distro panel and the + wire grounded out. Smoked the whole power harness and managed to kill something else in the processor. Repaired the power harness but the unit still doesn't work. Went to work on the sub install again and ordered the Drive30 to handle all my processing. Started with a fiberglass box for 4 Assassin 8s that didn't fit how I wanted (I'll just about give it away if someone wants it). Went from that back to my XXX and effed up the motor brace on the first box. Then I built this box. Now more problems with SOFAS. Really frustrated. I've never so much as blown a fuse before this last year and now I have 3 amps a HU and a processor to my credit. Not been a good year.

Very nice , I love the mix of new and old with the amps :)

Very nice , I love the mix of new and old with the amps :)

Me, too. Now if the old only worked...

say it ain't so .. What's wrong with frank jr. ? :)

The 2125 is only giving me a loud squeal on the outputs and the 275 is being overly sensitive to source grounding so I'm getting a bit of alt whine that I've never had an issue with before.

I have an srt4 as well and our factory grounding is really bad. I'm going to do the big 3 with 8guage and hope that helps. I get a bit of alternator whine as well, let me know if you find another solution.

The 2125 is only giving me a loud squeal on the outputs and the 275 is being overly sensitive to source grounding so I'm getting a bit of alt whine that I've never had an issue with before.

Retarded parents cannot control their kids, if you say something to the parents they treat it as their kid is right. Those people need to be shot.

I have an srt4 as well and our factory grounding is really bad. I'm going to do the big 3 with 8guage and hope that helps. I get a bit of alternator whine as well, let me know if you find another solution.

My big 3 is all 1/0 and all amps are grounded back to the battery. This is the 4th or 5th setup that I've had in the car, 3rd with this HU and the first time I've had noise issues. I honestly think that the amp is messed up. I had a problem with it before that I thought I fixed. Probably going to send it back to PG for a refurb.

My big 3 is all 1/0 and all amps are grounded back to the battery. This is the 4th or 5th setup that I've had in the car, 3rd with this HU and the first time I've had noise issues. I honestly think that the amp is messed up. I had a problem with it before that I thought I fixed. Probably going to send it back to PG for a refurb.

Hopefully you get it all fixed, its cool to see a follow srt4 owners build log.

is that amp that big? or am i trippin?

Nope, it's really that big. 27" x 12" x 2.5". Weighs around 40 lbs. Old school A/B bulletproof power.

Nope, it's really that big. 27" x 12" x 2.5". Weighs around 40 lbs. Old school A/B bulletproof power.

Gotta love when people say " nice sub amp" regardless of what it's really pushing. Dave edwards had that humongoid ms1000 in the magnum he had, running the front stage . Every freaking show at least 50 people would say " nice sub amp " or the know it alls " how much power is that giving the sub ? " :)