GnomeAudio

Almost as much fun as car audio....

Here are a few pics of my new pet project: a 1981 Yamaha sr500. 499cc, 27hp. 8,107 original miles. $125 from my dads very generous friend :)

post-26-1083997968.jpg

heres the motor before 2 boxes of brillo pads and a whole lot of pressure washing.

post-26-1083998093.jpg

and after....i'm going to have to get that stubborn exhaust pipe powder coated or something.

post-26-1083998250.jpg

Here's how she sits right now. I'm in need of: A new gas tank, new kick-start lever (not broken, just really rusty and ugly), new front fender, chain guard, various screws and bolts, left front turn signal, motor cover (again, it works, it just ain't pretty) and a new seat. If anyone knows a lot about older yamahas or knows where i can find the listed parts, please email me!

post-26-1083998568.jpg

If dents aren't your problem on the sheet metal, sand blasting and fresh paint will work wonders. For the random parts you need, there is a motorcycle junkyard here in town. Almost all old Japanese bikes and lots of them. I can get you thier number and you can call and see what they have and if they will ship to you.

Mr. Salvage Motorcycles

(406) 761-2161

and another!

1977 Honda CBR 750 Super Sport. 4 times as many cyllinders as the 500, 4 times as many carburators, 4 times as hard to fix, 4 times as likely that I'll get hurt on it :)

post-26-1084643913.jpg

these pics suck, but its gloomy outside and the flash isn't working on my cam...will have better pics in a few days.

post-26-1084644092.jpg

that cbr is kewl......

i just got rid of my 1975 cb750k 4........a predecessor to ur monster

they can be 1/8 mile wonder rockets.....and the jugs...whew, i was offered $900 just for the jugs (sold the bike for $1200 and a 32 hitiachi tv)

enjoy!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

that cbr is kewl......

i just got rid of my 1975 cb750k 4........a predecessor to ur monster

they can be 1/8 mile wonder rockets.....and the jugs...whew, i was offered $900 just for the jugs (sold the bike for $1200 and a 32 hitiachi tv)

enjoy!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the bike has around 9,400 miles on it and the only bad spot was a tiny bit of rust on the bottom of the gas tank, which has already been taken care of. i also removed the ugly plexiglass fairing.

$550 cash :)

I plan to sell it for at least twice that.

$550? kewl...i paid $600 for mine when i got it!! :+1:

ride it some first, it's a classic. if i remember correctly, the cb i had was the first motorcycled with 4 cylinders AND 4 carbs(hence the model name cb 750 k 4, with the 4 meaning the 4 carbs)..mine also came with the 4 into 4 exhaust, dorky as hell...was switched for a tuneable vance and hines racing header and pipe..

it's also kewl how urs has mags, mine had spokes...

like i said, they are fun to ride and it doesn't take much for them to keep up with modern rockets, for at least the 1/8 mile anyway..hehe..but they are really heavy..

again, enjoy it and good luck with both rides!!! nothing like riding the scooter

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

still needs paint, a header pipe and a muffler......all in good time :)

post-26-1086175095.jpg

some good progress, keep it up

Damn, maybe i should have you fix my gixxer.. :D or the 9r that just got wrecked :sadwavey:

Keep the rubber side down, and watch for sand... :thud: it's what brought me and the gixx down. :unsure::(