Sign in to follow this  
mike114

sub and box recommendations

hello, thanks for any help in advance. i'm looking at ordering my first mach 5 subs ( :woot: ) and just wanted some recommendations as to which ones' i should get and bopx sizes. right now i have a crappy 15" kicker cvr in a ported box tuned to 35-36hz. and i want something to keep up with it in spl but also have better sq (which shouldn't be hard since kicker sucks, but it was damn near free). i have 650wrms to play with so i'm thinking about 2 maw 12's. how would they compare sealed or ported? if sealed works (kinda hoping it does, miss the lows my box now doesn't get) what would be good size, was thinking about 2.5cuft after displacements? or ported, but i'd want it tuned low, i really cant stand higher tuned boxes for some reason. or if i go with a single maw 15, would 650wrms be to much for it? and box sizes for that. if it helps at all i listen to all rap/hip-hop and the box i have now is 33" L x 17 1/2" H x 12 1/2" D (and with the way the amp is mounted to the side of the trunk, is about all the room i can use also).

again, thanks for any help, can't wait to order these!