Sign in to follow this  
rastaman

Canadian Shipping

Hey Scott/Nick,

I ordered a sub awhile back and you guys were pretty gracious in helping me out. Now I have another question, does shipping to Canada usually take longer then expected? Ya'll emailed me that my BuzzLightyear shipped on Nov 16 with 6-10 days wait. It's been a lil longer then that. I was wondering if customs gets held up around this time of year, and if you've ever had problems like this.

Thanks guys.

Customs can be terrible this time of year...

Has the tracking info been updated?

Customs is always awful and even worse this time of year. If it was sent via USPS (rather than UPS or Fedex, which I doubt) it will be an even longer wait at the border, but your customs and duties will be lower.

Have to consider that today is the 12th business day. I would be willing to bet that you would have it by the end of the week but the tracking info is the only way to know for sure what's going on.

Customs is always awful and even worse this time of year. If it was sent via USPS (rather than UPS or Fedex, which I doubt) it will be an even longer wait at the border, but your customs and duties will be lower.

Have to consider that today is the 12th business day. I would be willing to bet that you would have it by the end of the week but the tracking info is the only way to know for sure what's going on.

Yeah...for some reason I thought there was another week in between. I never received tracking numbers, just USPS Priority was the courier.

Doh. Just really eager for this thing to get here so I can finish the box!

Thanks guys

Since it was USPS, you can expect to wait a bit longer. But it is worth it because you won't be paying an extra $50-$100 in duties and brokerage fees. I speak from experience as a fellow Canadian who has had a lot of stuff come across the border. :)

As aforementioned, Customs has a large backlog during the holiday season. It is bad enough every other year, but factor in the strong dollar which means more packages coming from the US ...

Grr. I am so close to finishing the box...I want to get my 12's out in a heartbeat, but I am not riding without subs for any period of time again. The last time I did that I got so frustrated I ended up crossing my alpine type ESSSSS's at 63 hz and instead of playing music they cried.

I will pull the customs sheet for it and call today to see if I can get an update on things. Normally 6-10 business days via USPS, but Im sure given the US/CAD ratio right now and the approaching holidays that they are backlogged more than normal.

Sometimes I can get time based info from customs... Ill see.

Thanks for your patience,

Scott

Got the sub...it is gorgeous. Freakin heavy!!!! Shirt and stickers are a nice touch as well, I tossed a small one on the back window of my truck. Look for updates to my other thread possibly on Sunday

Sign in to follow this