Sign in to follow this  
kappa546

15" not dipping low enough

i loved how it performed off the rear channels of the tru 4.65 and was excited about the potential. i finally get around to giving it enough power (1000-1100w off US Amps 300X) and im just not that impressed with the lows. everything else plays like a dream and the sub/amp combo is insanely clean. its sitting in a 2cf right now and im wondering if polyfill will do the trick (and if so how much?) or if i should just make another box. i hear people favoring 2.5cf or so... what do you guys think? i wish i had a car to run it IB :slayer::slayer::slayer: but i drive an xterra... ah well

So all you did is up the power and now you don't like it?

I'm not going to say check the phase, because I know you know better than that, so.............................

PORT IT! :D

hahah i want to port it at some point so i can go joyfully deaf, but priority is on my front stage and alot of other things right now. plus, thats a huge box and i just dont know haha... im gonna try the polyfill deal and see if im satisfied.

There is much more low end in that driver believe me ;) I had mine first in 3.5 with polyfill, TOO much low end, 3.0 w/polyfill still bottom heavy but very nice, 2.4 with polyfill is a very nice balance and has plenty of low end. I'd say 2.8 without polyfill. 2 cubes really didn't have too much low end. You have to remember this is a low Q driver so you gotta go a little larger for low end.

i'll let you know what i do and how it turns out when i get some time to build.

i'll let you know what i do and how it turns out when i get some time to build.

Go build now, and we''l all get back on tonight. :D

Please keep in mind that 2 cubes is the smallest recommended enclosure for the 15's. I like them in enclosures larger than or equal to 2.4 cubes sealed.

hmm... i think ill build it tomorrow. i have to make a selaed box for the oz audio ME 12 i just bought to test out anyways. might as well make two.