Sign in to follow this  
setshot50

Is the D2 right for me?

I realize the opinions here may be a bit swayed (kinda like asking Bush if our entering into Iraq was a positive decision) but I am curious if any of you have applications similar to my proposed.

Firstly, I by no means have a golden ear, but am picky enough to want a high level of SQ. However, I am also wanting something that will shut up the young punk sitting next to me if need be. :D My proposed application will be under the rear seat of my Quad Cab in a ported fiberglass enclosure (at least 2 cu ft) and proper tuning. I will be pushing the 12" sub with an Avionixx 800.2 which does 800 @ 4. Anything similar out there?

The enclosure sounds right on par with Nick's recommendations. Power will not be a problem. Too bad you can't go IB. Whatever you choose the driver (formerly known as the Magnum) will not disappoint.

From what I have heard, the D2 and Brahma B12 are pretty much top of the line so I am just trying to nail down which better suits my tastes.

From what I've read, not heard, the brahma is an all out SQ driver even though it's still loud, but a D2 will get louder so you can shut up the punk sitting next to you. But then again that is what I have read

From what I've read, not heard, the brahma is an all out SQ driver even though it's still loud, but a D2 will get louder so you can shut up the punk sitting next to you. But then again that is what I have read

Thanks for the reply. I'm certainly hoping that is the case regarding the D2!

I have also heard that the B12 thrives more in a ported application than does a D2.

You can't go wrong with either one.

The SI 12's definately shine ported or IB, but they are beautiful when sealed to the hardcore SQ junkies like myself. :P 800 watts will do it just fine. :slayer:

BTW: We've only got 3 12's left until the next batch comes in.

The SI 12's definately shine ported or IB, but they are beautiful when sealed to the hardcore SQ junkies like myself. :P 800 watts will do it just fine. :slayer:

BTW: We've only got 3 12's left until the next batch comes in.

I knew I'd draw Nick out of the woodworks. ;) Basically, I'm looking to drastically improve my low end and loudness over my existing set up. I am picky enough to want a high level of SQ, but am also in love with that bass that just punches you in the chest and makes in hard to breathe. :slayer:

You know what strikes me odd?

When the Mags first came out everybody said "they can't go low" or "they sound incredible but lack low end"... The Brahma was just LOUD to them and the Mag was quiet..... Now you go on forums and read, the Brahma is more of an sq sub while the Mag gets LOUD.... I find that very ironic myself....

ok I'm done now.