Hi Guys,

I just installed my front stage a few days ago and now I have a nice problem. The amp I am using for my frontstage is a Memphis 16-ST300. When I'm on the road, it happens really often that the front stage stops for a second or two and then it gets back. During this time, the sub amp which is a Memphis 16-ST1000D doesn't even stops. I just don't know what to do right now.

Thanks,

Maxime

Sounds like a a low voltage issue. Class d amps will usually operate at a lower voltage than A/B. Do you still have the stock alt ? I would see if you can reproduce what is happening while the car is running and sitting still. Then use a dmm and check the voltage going to your front stage amp. I betcha there is a huge voltage drop that is causing the problem. :)

check the ground on the front stage amp----try taking the sub amp out of the system and see if there is a differance.need any other help email me @ explorer1999@adelphia.net

See there I go assuming again. :D That would be a good idea to check the wring for that particular amp first :)

Hi Guys,

I just removed the amp and wired it back again but now the protection light turns on. I would like to know what should I do next =\

Thanks,

Max

Hi Guys,

I just removed the amp and wired it back again but now the protection light turns on. I would like to know what should I do next =\

Thanks,

Max

check voltage on the power wire---then check the ground were it connects to the chassis of the car---check for resistance.

If they are all ok---I might be able to bust open the boards and check them for you.