Sign in to follow this  
joe dirte

Enough power for BL???

I have a cadence txa-1000d 1000watts@1ohm. I really want to get a 12"BL but people always say that it needs more power but that is what it is rated for. Im looking for more spl than SQ thats why im considering the BL over the Q. What im wondering is what the SQ of a BL is like and how good it would go with that amp. It will be going in a ported enclosure tuned 30-33 HZ. I only listen to rap.

I have a cadence txa-1000d 1000watts@1ohm. I really want to get a 12"BL but people always say that it needs more power but that is what it is rated for. Im looking for more spl than SQ thats why im considering the BL over the Q. What im wondering is what the SQ of a BL is like and how good it would go with that amp. It will be going in a ported enclosure tuned 30-33 HZ. I only listen to rap.

What has this world come to?

what im saying is that FI rates the BL for 1000RMS but every time someone brings it up on the forum people are always saying to give it upwards 1500RMS

I knew what you meant.I was refering to what people tell you

The reason why people say that is because 1000 is good for a regular BL but after Flatwind and cooling they can handle up to 2000 without getting warm and that is only $60 extra. But you should go ahead and get the options and power it with 1000 watts just so you have room to be flexible.

Burps is a VERY different thing than daily... I could see 10k in the right setup.

1000W for a standard BL with pole chamfer and daily tolerences is fine. No need to add flatwind or cooling if you are going to leave the power at that. Should make for a solid daily setup with good SPL to it depending on how its tuned... but maintain a good sound as well.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this