Sign in to follow this  
BryanTheCEO

4 Q's or 2 BTL's

This is somewhat of an extension of my other thread....

I decided to sell my Q15's to buy a pair of BTL's, but that would required alot more upgrades to my system (batts, alts, and bears oh my)

This morning, while I was sippin on my coffee, I was thinking that I could ADD 2 more Q15's and an amp running around 4k-5k watts and keep it sealed. Yes, it would still put more stress on my electrical system, but I am more equiped to handle that ATM. I have dual batts and a 140 amp alt and lots and lots of 0awg. I also like the sound of the Q's sealed. They are so damn authoritive down low in a sealed sealed application. All my high scores are in the 35-38hz range, which I love.

The Q's ported hit 151.7 on the AC @ 37hz, but the pair sealed, already hits 150ish on the AC, so if I more then doulble the power and double up on the cone area, what do you guys think?

Money wise, I would need to spend around $3k to run the BTL's the way I want to and only around $2k, not even that much, to run the Q's. I'm not tryin to be cheap, but I got a kid to feeds and purses to buy for the wifey..=)

4 Q's or 2 BTL's?

Bryan

I would do 4 Qs sealed myself personally

I'd rather have the Q's, but I also wouldn't be concerned about scores either.

Yeah, I think I'm going with the Q's....Time to place my order!

One question though.... What are my wiring options with 4 dual 1ohm subs? .5 or 2, right?

Edited by gHOstFaCe

yea its 2 and .5 what are you gonna power them with

I'm not sure now. I need either 4k rms @ 2 or .5 ohms...any suggestions? They are getting 2.1 cubes each, 8.4 total after displacement. It is exactly double what I had the pair in when they were sealed.

That sounds like itll be a very clean setup. I have always been impressed by the numbers that you pulled sealed. And Im sure at normal levels it sounds clean too...

Only issue you will have is finding a 2 Ohm 4kW amp. Cant think of any off the top of my head. But Ill start looking...

I think I am picking up a IA 40.1 and running it at .5ohms. I do not listen to the subs at high volume for more then a few minutes at a time, so I will not be beating on the excessively. I think these will make a nice combo.

yea its 2 and .5 what are you gonna power them with

I'm not sure now. I need either 4k rms @ 2 or .5 ohms...any suggestions? They are getting 2.1 cubes each, 8.4 total after displacement. It is exactly double what I had the pair in when they were sealed.

2 Sundown SAZ-1500Ds Strapped @ 2 ohms would work great on the Qs.

Sign in to follow this