Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

New Model MD3's

I have 2 of them strapped powering my AQ HD3 15's. I am running them off of a Kenwood KDC-X891 HU. The only problem I am having is when I start my truck I get noise through my subwoofers it is more audible when I first start my truck and when the HU is loading the CD. Then it tones down a little bit once the cd starts to play I can not hear the noise anymore because my subs are playing the music, but then when I turn my truck off I have a turn off thump. Is this something to do with the HU or the amps? I did have 2 Viper 1200's strapped before the MD3's and I was running an Eclipse CD5435 HU and I did not have any turn on or turn off noise. Since then the Eclipse HU's RCA's fried so I had to send it in for repair and picked up the Kenwood and I upgraded my power to the 2 MD3's strapped. When playing they put out a good amount of clean power more than RMS so I can't complain about that but I do have noise when I turn on the truck and a thump when I turn it off. What could I do to stop these noises? I am using the same ground so I know it can't be that it was a direct swap out of HU and amps. So what could be causing this and how can I fix it. I heard I can use a delay but I have not been able to find any that would cancel out turn on and off noises, If anyone can recommend one please do or if you think it is something else let me know. I want to get this taken care of.

I have 2 of them strapped powering my AQ HD3 15's. I am running them off of a Kenwood KDC-X891 HU. The only problem I am having is when I start my truck I get noise through my subwoofers it is more audible when I first start my truck and when the HU is loading the CD. Then it tones down a little bit once the cd starts to play I can not hear the noise anymore because my subs are playing the music, but then when I turn my truck off I have a turn off thump. Is this something to do with the HU or the amps? I did have 2 Viper 1200's strapped before the MD3's and I was running an Eclipse CD5435 HU and I did not have any turn on or turn off noise. Since then the Eclipse HU's RCA's fried so I had to send it in for repair and picked up the Kenwood and I upgraded my power to the 2 MD3's strapped. When playing they put out a good amount of clean power more than RMS so I can't complain about that but I do have noise when I turn on the truck and a thump when I turn it off. What could I do to stop these noises? I am using the same ground so I know it can't be that it was a direct swap out of HU and amps. So what could be causing this and how can I fix it. I heard I can use a delay but I have not been able to find any that would cancel out turn on and off noises, If anyone can recommend one please do or if you think it is something else let me know. I want to get this taken care of.

Best to call the US amp tech Greg 626 833-2177 for help