Sign in to follow this  
excelerater

"Q" , SQ loud ??

Im looking to do a similar swap like Chris did from his TDXs to a "Q".......

I plan on using my eD 9.1 for power and I am having Woodlawn make me a

small ported enclosure for my Silverado......

Musicly all i listen to is classic rock,70s,80s...old school disco and new wave (yea yea,im old)

I love my TDX in my little hatchback but its very large in depth and hard to make fit the truck

As for comps,im still searching but it looks like a set of DLS UP6s are in my future w 150x2 for power....

Being into SQ and liking it loud - is the Q the way to go,maybe one of FI's other offerings?

thoughts

Edited by excelerater

The Q should be the route to go...are you looking into a sealed or ported enclosure?

Thanks

-Nick

The Q should be the route to go...are you looking into a sealed or ported enclosure?

Thanks

-Nick

Ported for sure,1 ported 12 serves me well

having tired multiple sealed set up's it the past

its how I like to roll

Yeah, the Q is a great choice. They wang hell-a-loud in a sealed enclosure too.

The Q is surprisingly light and small for its capabilities.

They do get loud in a sealed box with a noticably sharper response over a porter box.

Musicly all i listen to is classic rock,70s,80s...old school disco and new wave (yea yea,im old)

I love my TDX in my little hatchback but its very large in depth and hard to make fit the truck

As for comps,im still searching but it looks like a set of DLS UP6s are in my future w 150x2 for power....

Being into SQ and liking it loud - is the Q the way to go,maybe one of FI's other offerings?

thoughts

The Q is definitely the way to go in the Fi lineup for you.

Just to give you a personal experience from last night, a friend (who has a record coming out soon) and another guy (who got engaged to the friends sister) and I took a ride last night in my car. I played Kenny Chesney, various techno songs, and a few bass heavy rap songs for my passengers. The first comment I got was, I can't believe how they sound so clean at such high volume. :) The next, after turning the volume up, was it's moving the air in my lungs. The latter was from a guy that has no musical experience and he was just very impressed.

I think you will be very happy with that setup. I found the Q to be very linear in output, as have many people that have had the chance to site and listen to a variety of music on the Q's. It did take a few hours of play time for them to "warm up." I haven't looked back since. I am still very happy with them. That being said, I used to trade out subs regularly looking for what I found in this driver. Funny to me how these are the best performing, to me, and they were the least expensive. :)

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. I have a few years under my belt too. :P

Chris

thoughts

The Q is definitely the way to go in the Fi lineup for you.

Just to give you a personal experience from last night, a friend (who has a record coming out soon) and another guy (who got engaged to the friends sister) and I took a ride last night in my car. I played Kenny Chesney, various techno songs, and a few bass heavy rap songs for my passengers. The first comment I got was, I can't believe how they sound so clean at such high volume. :) The next, after turning the volume up, was it's moving the air in my lungs. The latter was from a guy that has no musical experience and he was just very impressed.

I think you will be very happy with that setup. I found the Q to be very linear in output, as have many people that have had the chance to site and listen to a variety of music on the Q's. It did take a few hours of play time for them to "warm up." I haven't looked back since. I am still very happy with them. That being said, I used to trade out subs regularly looking for what I found in this driver. Funny to me how these are the best performing, to me, and they were the least expensive. :)

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. I have a few years under my belt too. :P

Chris

Well,I should be ordering one up this week as soon as I get the box sorted out and I know were a go

btw Im a young 40.......been doing this crap since before subs were even a thought

in car audio.........

Well,I should be ordering one up this week as soon as I get the box sorted out and I know were a go

btw Im a young 40.......been doing this crap since before subs were even a thought

in car audio.........

Awesome! I am going to be 32 this year. I too remember when subs weren't even part of the equation. :) Do you know where you want to tune yet? With my old mids and highs, I tuned at 32. With the new set, I kinda wished I was a bit lower. Not going to go through the trouble of changing the box now though. :)

Why ported, just curious?

Nothing that says subs have to be part of the equation now either :D

HUH ?

I like ported when done correctly,I had 2 TDX sealed

with an Orion 2500D and I hated it.... :finger:

I dont think the subs have that same SHAWINGGG sealed

however most car audio systems kids drive with are SPL

monsters that rattle the neighborhoods but sounds like ass

Too each his own...Plus ported gives you more ouput

Edited by excelerater

I found this out recently with the addition of my Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27. :)

HUH ?

I prefer a properly tuned ported enclosure as well, but I am a basshead at heart. Even though I don't use it all the time, I like to have it to show off when necessary. :)

HUH ?

I prefer a properly tuned ported enclosure as well, but I am a basshead at heart. Even though I don't use it all the time, I like to have it to show off when necessary. :)

exactly.............

Ill give the "q" a try , just waiting on some info from the mfg

to make sure we can squeeze it in the truck,no easy task

Sign in to follow this