Sign in to follow this  
bweber721

Rca to hdmi adapter

My picture coming out of my receiver is very dull. When i use coax cable straight out of the cable box it is ok ,but i need to use my receiver. I was thinking it was some where in my Rca's so i want to adapt them to hdmi. Does anyone know of one? Or do you have any ideas?

I take it you're trying to convert the HDMI from your receiver to RCA's on your TV. That is going from digital to analogue. That can only be done with a converter box. The cost will depend on what type of RCA's you are referring to. Are they the red, white, yellow (composite) ? Or the red, green, blue? ( component) ? The first thing I would try if your RCA's are the red, white and yellow ones, is get another yellow video cable. There are 2 types of yellow video cables. One has a sheild and the other doesn't. Try the sheilded type. It is thicker in diameter then the red and white cables.

Edited by Mike P.

I take it you're trying to convert the HDMI from your receiver to RCA's on your TV. That is going from digital to analogue. That can only be done with a converter box. The cost will depend on what type of RCA's you are referring to. Are they the red, white, yellow (composite) ? Or the red, green, blue? ( component) ? The first thing I would try if your RCA's are the red, white and yellow ones, is get another yellow video cable. There are 2 types of yellow video cables. One has a sheild and the other doesn't. Try the sheilded type. It is thicker in diameter then the red and white cables.

My problem is that when i run coax cable to my tv the picture is great ,but when i run component rca into and out of my reciever the picture gets dull and dim. What would you suggest??

I would suggest narrowing down the problem a bit more. It's either the TV, the receiver or possibly the cables. Hook up a DVD player with component out directly to the tv. Is the problem still there? Then the problem is the tv. If the problem is gone then it's the reciever. Also try a different set of cables to see if they make a difference.

I would suggest narrowing down the problem a bit more. It's either the TV, the receiver or possibly the cables. Hook up a DVD player with component out directly to the tv. Is the problem still there? Then the problem is the tv. If the problem is gone then it's the reciever. Also try a different set of cables to see if they make a difference.

Thanks for the help I will try that tommrow