Sign in to follow this  
MValley70

Questions about a sealed box

Has anyone experienced with different sealed box sizes for a MAg 12.....i have my Mag in a ported box now (2.75 cubes tuned to 35hz....and before it was in was 2.32 cuft tuned to 32hz) and i think i am going to see what the MAG will do sealed cause i would like a smaller box. I would like to know how the sound of it changes as the sealed box gets bigger and smaller....

BTW....this is right now powered by a ZR360 (530 watts) and may be down the road powered by a ZR600(~800 watts) if i ever get it fixed.

So what size sealed box in the .5 to 1.5 cuft sealed box range has been best for ya'll

NICK......CHIME IN!!!

Scott, SC

Edited by MValley70

In my experience, the smaller the box the less the output(with upwards of 400 watts).. sq never waivered however..

Well i am going to be going to HD to get the wood cut in the next hour and a half or so....need to decide on a box....it will for sure be between a cube and 1.5 cubes.....decisions decisions...someone throw out some suggestions :sadwavey:

Scott, SC

Build the larger enclosure if you can. Then you can take up volume inside the enclosure if you would like to decrease it some, or vice versa later on. You'll be happy no matter what. And of course, you must post pics upon completion.

I will have some pics....isn't going to be anything special......got to figure out how I am going to put my amps bak there....that is what is making me thing about how big i am going to make my box

Thought about putting the box in the back of the trunk in the center...then throw a piece of MDF over the front oh that box that goes all the way across the trunk.....kinda have it closed off.....then have the amps on the back of that.

Then i thought about having the box in the corner of the trunk....(you know....against the back seat).......and making kind of an encloser for the amps made out of 2x4's chicken wire and carpet over the chicken wire....have the amps stacked on top of each other.....but seperated by the chicken wire on the inside....if ya'l have seen josh99ta's install in his neon....have the amps like that but stacked.

Scott, SC

What vehicle is it going in?

It's going in a 2001 Grand prix.....well i got the box built....1.182 cubes.....the output suffered alot....which i don't really like.....this is my first sealed trunk install in a car so right now i am missing something.....

The box seems to be a bit tall for the trunk too....built it and it is going to take some work tomorrow to wedge it in there....if it won't go.....here comes the third box in 2 weeks....this one will be ported...don't know the size or tune but i think i will use PVC for the port....just seems like it would be less of a pain than the last 2 ported boxes i have built....they weren't too bad but they could have been better....

only listened to a couple of rap songs to check the output of the sub.....i am going to test out some eagles on it to see what it sounds like.....i don't like having to turn the sub control up on my HU to hear the bass....that is why i might go back to ported also....

i am just frustrated right now....got too much to do before the SIN Mid south meet......and only 2 weekends to do it

Scott, SC