I know how all of you like pics...

Here you go...

568418_17_full.jpg

568418_18_full.jpg

568418_19_full.jpg

568418_22_full.jpg

568418_23_full.jpg

568418_24_full.jpg

There's still an amp missing, the matching 225 for the right side. I may be switching out the 2100 for a 250 for awhile. I'm trying to get ahold of another 2100 so I can run two to the sub, one on each coil. As it is right now it blends really well with the front stage for rock and so forth but there just isn't enough for hardcore bass music and I don't want to risk the 2100 by running it @ 1 ohm.

Edit: The links got clipped somehow when I copied and pasted them in. They should work now and inline images.

Edited by helotaxi

Well I tried linking the pictures inline but I was getting red X's. Oh well.

Stupid SD. Everytime I click it, I get the error page.

Fixed. Damn copy function truncated the link and mucked it all up.

VERY nice box!!!

It's amazing what you can do with a simple design, a table saw, two routers (one table mounted), a chop saw, a nice fresh sheet of MDF some PVC, a pound of #6 drywall screws, a free afternoon and a ton of patience. It was the second box I made in two days (I didn't like the first one and the prongs on a bunch of the t-nuts holding the sub in broke off so there were only 3 screws holding the sub in the box and that wasn't going to cut it. It was entirely glued together and I destroyed it getting the sub out.) and I had to cut two back panels to get it perfect. The box is sealed without the use of any glue or other sealant and in held together entirely by screws, none of which are on the front or rear face of the box. There is actually only one screw (other than those holding component down) visible in the whole install and it is right between the EQTs. All the rest are either on the sides and bottom of the box (the countersinks for the row closest to the front face were filled) or under components.

Now that is beautiful! Nice woodwork! And that 2100 is making me cry! :wub:

And that 2100 is making me cry! :wub:

If I could get ahold of another one I would be making all the dB drag competitors here in town cry :D Bunch of hacks best I can tell. Think that the 13W7 is God's gift to SPL. Not saying that the XXX is, but I think I have a bit more of a clue as to how to go about getting loud. I so want to find anothr on of those amps. Gotta be of the "Competition Amplifier" rather than the "Digital Reference" breed though. Most SPL installs are not pretty but I can't abide non-matching amps.

Gotta be of the "Competition Amplifier" rather than the "Digital Reference" breed though. Most SPL installs are not pretty but I can't abide non-matching amps.

I was going to ask about that. I noticed that on my 225, yet all the ones I see as of late say DR.. What's the deal?

The "Digital Reference" amps were Gen 1 (there were two different logo designs on these and they were built in the late '80s, the original high current amp) and the Gen 2 which were basically the same as the Gen one but with one channel inverted so they could be bridged without the 400BDG bridging module that inverted the phase of one channel externally. The Gen3 had the removable top plates and the frequency cards underneath. They were marked "Competition Amplifier" and as I understand it had a higher current capability with more margin and current head room in the power supply. Gen4 included the R series and the G4. They had the integrated x-over and Intellibass added. I don't know what the distinction of the G5s are.

Sexay business you have there.

Keen work :slayer:

Too many Orion goodies. I don't think you can handle them all.

Give one or three to me.

Looks real nice ;)

- Steve :)

yeah, I had it bookmarked within 2 hours of it going up. Thanks though.

Now that is beauty!

If only I had money ... :(

- Steve