Can someone please help me......... please give me lots and lots of crossover information, I need to learn! I see that people on this site have made their own and I don't even know how to use ones that I could buy off of my stereo stores shelf. Please help!

confused............-crossovers :wacko::blink::unsure::( .......

Thanks.............

Jonathan

The passive crossover formulas shown on the referenced site are very good guides to creating crossover networks.

However, be aware that they assume certain inpedances, and impedance changes with frequency!

So, the only way to construct a very fine passive crossover network is to know the precise impedance at the desired crossover frequency, and to do this one has to plot the impedance curve.

There are mechanical means to do this and there are computer based methods that are faster and somewhat more accurate.

There is a considerable amount of work and a great deal to consider when building good passive crossovers. There are no shortcuts.

So, the only way to construct a very fine passive crossover network is to know the precise impedance at the desired crossover frequency, and to do this one has to plot the impedance curve.

Best way is to build a Zobel filter into the crossover that will stabilize the impedance and make the crossover more predictable. You don't need a plot of the impedance curve. You do have to get measured values for the T/S parameters but that can be done with a voltmeter and a signal generator. I found a really good site on crossover design but I don't have the URL anymore. I found it via google so give searching a try.

edit: Besel, Zobel, the memory is the first to go.

Edited by helotaxi