Sign in to follow this  
plushDJ

Info on IXL 8's??

So I noticed Mach 5's got something in the works with the IXL 8". Was wondering if there's any updates on these?? I'm going to run a quad 8" setup and am down to my final choices of subs; DD 1508 and the RE RE8. I'll highly consider the IXL if it will rival these.

ps It's great to see a Canadian company making some waves in the audio world. CHEERS FROM RED DEER!!

Edited by plushDJ

Well, the guy reviewing them for me said they blend better and are more musical than the DD but the DD got slightly louder. So, if its volume you want, I would suggest going the DD route.

hth,

Mark

Sorry Corey, not yet. For as positive as the test went, there were also some negatives, so i have to figure out how to fix them before releasing anything that can be considered concrete...

Best,

Mark

HI COREY!! I bet you know why I'm looking for the 8's lol

If they're only 'slightly' quieter than the DD's I'm pretty sure a lower price would make up for the loss of spl. For some reason I can only find the DD's for $200 a piece when their MSRP is $100. Even though I live in Canada I shouldn't have to pay double because really, our dollar is the same. Total BS.

Hey, Mark. Can you tell me what basket these will be using, assuming that part is already decided upon? That way I can see if I should await their arrival or move on. The fit I'm looking for is tough, and the 12 spoke basket won't seal properly where I need it. :shrug:

If they're only 'slightly' quieter than the DD's I'm pretty sure a lower price would make up for the loss of spl. For some reason I can only find the DD's for $200 a piece when their MSRP is $100. Even though I live in Canada I shouldn't have to pay double because really, our dollar is the same. Total BS.

I think that has a lot to do with the distributor Modz... some stuff went down and apparently they closed up their doors and ran, but before that I understand they were jacking prices pretty high.

Hey, Mark. Can you tell me what basket these will be using, assuming that part is already decided upon? That way I can see if I should await their arrival or move on. The fit I'm looking for is tough, and the 12 spoke basket won't seal properly where I need it. :shrug:

It will not be the 12 spoke I'll tell you that much...

Not to thread jack but did you get the box yet :) ?

Also i hope it has a 4 spoke basket like the true bass and cmp 8's :)

Corey

it's my thread so who cares lol. No I didn't get it yet, every day when I get back to the shop I'm so excited...then nothing :( Ah well should be no time at all

It will not be the 12 spoke I'll tell you that much...

fing05.gif

That means there's still hope for me.

:thanx: