qualitywah

Sealed enclosure help (newbie)!!!

Hey guys right now I have 2 12" ssds running off us amps 4000.1 (1500 rms) and the subs are in 2.5^3 ft per sub @ 33 Hz. The box is just soo big and so hard to deal with and I want to build a sealed box and see which i like better. Is it normal with this large of a ported box i have a very weak upper end?? I want to put the ssds in the best suited sealed box. I have an avalanche and the box goes in the bed so i have plenty of room. I was thinking somewhere a long the lines of a sealed box around 1.1-1.3. You guys know these subs the best so if you were going to build a sealed enclosure what deminsions would you build it to. I have plenty of room so it doesnt matter how wide or tall as long as it fits within the 49" by 24" by 72" bed. Thanks if someone could provide a cutout sheet or the deminsions and ill be set b/c my first box to build was ported and thats the hardest from what i've heard

any help would be awesome! i kno this should be farely easy i just dont know how to do it..., thanks!

if you go to MTX's website they have under WOOFERS,product manuals

actual diagrams and sizes for cutting the wood needed to make an enclosure

which makes it easy,just find a size you want - I did a 12 not long ago

and it was a peice of cake.....hope that helps

36" x 12" x 15" external dimensions (the 15x36 is the sub side)

that'll give you about 1.3/sub, i'd put a divider in the middle to make separate chambers too, but that's more personal preference.

err cutouts would be...

front/back = 36.0 x 15.0

sides = 10.5 x 13.5

top/bottom = 36.0 x 10.5

if you want a divider just cut one extra "side"