Sign in to follow this  
toolskizm

Two Q 12's, need a little advice

I had two JL 10w3v3 setup on a JL 500/1 in some sealed fiberglass boxes...and yet again for the second or third time I was unsatisfied with JL. So they're on ebay right now and I was turned to Fi. I'm liking what I've been seeing, and am really considering the Q 12's. I'm putting them in a tiny ass RSX lol. I plan to fiberglass and port them. Probably 1.8 cubes tuned to 32hz. My main question is the amp. I was hoping to go with a RF T20001BD if I can fit that huge thing in my car...I'll have to do some measuring to make sure. Anyway, if I did the T20001BD, you think I'll need the BP power option on the Q's? If you have any other input on what I'm doing, lemme know. I'm up for constructive criticism.

btw, to give a little more info. I have a JL 450/4 powering my highs and mids. As of now I have 2 5.25" focal polykevlar in the front and two Utopia 6.5" in the back. My plan is to move my Utopias to the front and put some Focal Polyglass 6.5" in the back. I also have a Yellowtop in the trunk (which is what will make it hard to put a 450/4, T20001BD, and battery under the false floor). I plan to dynamat extreme as well.

The 20001bd would be fine on a pair of Q's....you shouldnt need the BP Power option, unless you just feel the need to get it.

Thanks!

-Nick

What about amps? You have any suggestions? I would love to use the T20001BD, but I'm still not 100% sure it will fit in my car. I'm looking to spend 600$ ebay price. So suggestion on a real quality amp that can output the same as the RF...I'm up for opinions.

I'm not sure how much the sundown sae1000d's are, however you may look into running one of those amps per woofer...

If not the T series amps are very solid.

Thanks!

-Nick

Sign in to follow this