car46999

Comperable to re xxx

Not sure if this is a reasonable question as I just found ficaraudio, but here we go:

How do these compare to the old RE XXX (2005), the BL and BTL?

I would assume the BTL is close but how close?

I need a daily driver sub (mostly real music), I have a US Amps 2000x (3000 watts). So from what I gather that puts me in the BTL series, fully loaded. Is this correct?

I have read that the BTL10 is not a good daily driver, is this still true as the web page does have a daily option for it?

I would prefer the BTL10 due to enclosure size but could swing the BTL12.

thanks

Compare how?

The BTL and the XXX use very different motor designs...

What do you mean by real music, do you really need that 3kW?

I understand that they use different motor designs, but as I have heard the old XXX's, and liked the output level, and sound quality, I was using it as a comparison. Hoping to hear from someone who has heard both. Since those are getting hard to find, here I am looking for a different sub.

By real music, i mean rock, country, rap, etc. Basically I meant it will not be used for spl.

Who doesn't need 3000 clean class A/B watts?

Thanks.

Edited by car46999

We pulled the XXX 15's out of my dad's explorer, swapped to Q15's with BP Power, and I first he didnt like the Q's, but then once they broke in(took a few weeks), he loved the Q's, louder and had better overall sq to him than the XXX's. Each one has a modded MTX 1501d.

Old

Allin1-1.jpg

New

IMG_1357.jpg

With that much power though, and single sub, you would definately have to do a fully loaded BTL for daily. The BTL's get

Thanks much to all, that is just what I was looking for. Gonna have to pick up a bl or a btl. Also bigjae1976, great review, great amp choices. You should be somewhere in the neighbor hood of 3000 watts also. bigjae1976 you still in Iraq, I'm at Speicher right now.

Looking forward to getting back to my ride's also.

Thanks again

BL or BTL?

I'd rather have a Q or XXX and have half the power, but that's just me...