Sign in to follow this  
Pioneer~Saturn

Digital Designs Z1/Z2

Hey guys, Im looking for a Digital Designs Z1 or Z2 amp for my 18" Fi BTL. Anyone who has one/knows where i can find one for a reasonable price (not like theyre going to be very cheap anyways..haha) lemme know. Thanks in advance. Peace

I may be able to get a Z1A for you... not 100% on pricing but it would be between 1500 - 2000 dollars, I would have to ask again to make sure. Is that considered reasonable to you? I know someone that has one, new, that may be willing to sell it.

It's not a Z1 or Z2... but should be as good or better than either one as it is their newest "Z" amp :)

I took a look at it and specs look pretty impressive...but I hav seen a couple people selling Z1's for $800..duno if almost double the price is worth it :(

Thats up to you... the original Z1 is a failure waiting to happen with no support whatsoever from DD. Not to mention that the Z1A is nearly double the power, and brand new, and a less failure prone design. Anyhow... LMK if you are interested and I'll see if I can set you up to purchase one from the guy I know that has it.

Will do...and whats the final price he can get it for?..

I'll have to call him up and ask for sure, I'll do so and get back to you.

So according to the specs it says its 1500 @ 4 ohms?..is this correct?..cuz i will be wanting to wire it to 4 ohms for daily then to 1 ohm for burps/comps...and also, go to realmofexcursion.com and go to amp guts...then go down and look at the DD Z1 amp...and look at the results of the bench test a guy did (said it made over 5200 @ 1ohm @ 14.4V..) im just wondering if those numbers are true...seems quite high, but may be doable

Edited by YAINT-BMPIN

After seeing an original Z1 blow up in front of my eyes at the '06 Drag finals, I'd stay away from them unless you have some steaks that need grilling.

No experience with the newer '1a so I can't comment on those.

^dang...well, it wont strictly be for massive burps...most of the time itll be on moderate volumes wired to 4 ohms...but ive seen a couple people with problems with them...dang........and wait, so that amp that exploded was an original?..didnt they make a '2nd gen Z1' that was better? (not too sure but i think there are originals then a 2nd model that came out that was better..)

Edited by YAINT-BMPIN