Sign in to follow this  
clifford3030

Wanna play with some 8's

So i've had an 15Q, 3.6ft^3 tuned to 32hz, and it sounds amazing and hits the lows LOUD. It's been good to me, loud enough to impress any but i need a change. I go to K-State therefor don't get to see my car much so i kinda wanna play around with this next setup. My USamps 2000XD is powering my Q so i'm gonna keep it for the 8's. I've been lookin at the AA's and they look nice but how low could i necessarily tune with a proper ported box? If not the AA's what other suggestions are there?

4-6 8's just sounds like fun and i'll get the punchy bass on the whole spectrem i'm hopeing.

Dangit. You had me all excited there for a bit, was all pumped you were in the area. Oh well. Bump to help you get some answers.

Guest zedman

Hey I am a K-State student as well.. what is your major?

Guest zedman

I am in my second semester of my sophomore year. I am majoring in Accounting and minoring in Economics. Z

Wish more people put in their location on their profile. Anyway, the AA 8's have only been out a short time so very few people have them yet.

What tuning range would you suggest for any 8 setup? Keep in mind this will be my "sub" setup as i'm gettin rid of the 15(dont have that much room in the trunk, or my wallet),

Edited by clifford3030

for 6 of them 3 cft tuned to 35 Hz should work well.

Most people (well I have more feedback from dealers than online sales for these) are tuning them up a little higher than a larger sub. They are dropping the lowest bottom end stuff in favor of smaller enclosures and more output. Many are tuning 37 or so and setting the subsonic around 33Hz. Amp will push them more than enough with 6...

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Sign in to follow this