Sign in to follow this  
jmenace

frontstage to go with 2 BTL 18s

i need help with a setup i want something thats gonna be loud clear and will not get drowned out by the BTLs can you guys help me out all suggestions are appreciated

Parts Express has piezo horns for under two bucks each, IIRC...about 20 per channel and it should be audible.

"Really good ones" would be a waste of money in this situation.

im not getting y u say it would be a waste of money i mean not really exspensive one just good ones

Because if all you want to do is hear them over the subs, you could get the cheapest things out there that are efficient and handle power and get an assload of them. Spending money on something that'll have correct timbre, good midbass, detailed midrange, etc etc...won't count for anything when all you're hearing is the BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP of the BTLs.

I'm having a really hard time reading your posts without any punctuation, BTW...

Ok sorry sir i didnt mean not to punctuate, but thanks for all your help.

Edited by AAfutureSTAR

well I have 1 BTL 18 on a exile 2400.1 and my front stage is 2 sets of polk Db 6.5 comp. with around 70watts to each. It isn't quite loud enuf the sub still over powers them some times. So hope it helps give you an idea.

When you tune your subs to one note, how can you tell what the over/under is on the front stage?

LOL. ^That right there lol.

I see the point jimj is making- that the btls are not meant for sq, so therefor your whole setup will not sound good anyway. You will probably need multiple sets of midrange drivers to 'keep up', which also sends sq out the window. That doesn't mean you should give up on it imo though.

Your best bet is to go to all your local shops and just listen to what they have there. You'll be hard pressed to find something that will keep up, so good luck.

Edited by tejcurrent

*Puts on flame suit*

Look into a B&C woofer. They have very low distortion, sound really smooth, and are very very loud. If its clean power, they can do about 175 rms per speaker. These have all the pros of a PA speaker without all the cons.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...d=51456#reviews

Two Vifa tweets per B&C (if you really cram power the 6.5) would be great. Alot of people are surprised when they hear a PA driver with a sq tweeter or two. It has the output of a PA array, but all the sound of a nice component set. You would be really surprised.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=264-555

Another option is to go with more cheaper speakers, but it wont sound as good as the B&C-Vifa combo. These Selenium arent bad at all for the price. Id run them in my car if I was lookin for somethin around that price.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tNumber=264-422

Heres a Selenium tweeter. They're so loud, but not harsh. They are just very clean and crisp. Work great paired with the Selenium midrange.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...4-355&DID=7

I had 4 BTL 18s in my car walled off, and it was 8 Eminene Alpha 6s with 4 Eminence APT-80 tweeters with each on about 20rms a speaker.... The mids/highs definately couldnt keep up with the bass, but the B&Cs definately would. If I could have any 6.5 out there, it would be that B&C.