Sign in to follow this  
Iced2

USA 4000X

I just got a 4000X and i was wondering if anyone has tested to see what type of power this thing is putting out. One thing i wasn't expecting, its smaller then my 2000X, hope thats not a sign that im going to be disapointed in its performence

Any info you guys got on this amp would help

Thanks,

The 4000x is a brute force competition amplifier. If you notice the sheer amount of capacitors inside, you can tell it is built for a short burst of power. I think it can be used daily, but I am not sure on the actual power output.

Well i hope it an take daily pounding, thats what i got it for. Im going to run 4 RE SE 15's. Thanks for your input it gives me a better idea of what this amp is all about. Does anyone know where i can find the specs on this amp? i went to the old US Amps site and nothing..

:drink40:

It says I do not have permission to use this feature when I click on it, any idea what im doing wrong?

The 4000X cannot play more than 5 minutes continiously... Don't use it for daily unless USAMPS experts say you can.When we bought them Jack Matheny specificaly noted that these amps were not for daily use...

It was a little beast when it was first released...Regardless of its size it's very strong...I used 2 of them on 2 15'' MTs in a street C (160 lt net ported enclosure setup 3 years ago.

Max score 152,6 dbs on a single Optima bluetop and only 1 0gauge power wire.on my Peugeot 106

The 4000X cannot play more than 5 minutes continiously... Don't use it for daily unless USAMPS experts say you can.When we bought them Jack Matheny specificaly noted that these amps were not for daily use...

It was a little beast when it was first released...Regardless of its size it's very strong...I used 2 of them on 2 15'' MTs in a street C (160 lt net ported enclosure setup 3 years ago.

Max score 152,6 dbs on a single Optima bluetop and only 1 0gauge power wire.on my Peugeot 106

Bummer, well i learned a good expencive lesson on that one

At least you have a limited edition amp.... fing05.gif

we have a guy running one here daily with no problems, that little thing's a damn beast. I'm not going to say he beats on it constantly though. 2 guys here still use them in competition, in NSPL classes, because last year the fuse rating had to be 150 or less, and it has a 120 amp fuse rating. Guy with one of them hit 148.xx yesterday on 2 12's, and could have been a bit louder, but they couldn't get his cd player to quit skipping.

During testing, the 4000x was .7 louder than a DD M3

Edited by stratusrt01

we have a guy running one here daily with no problems, that little thing's a damn beast. I'm not going to say he beats on it constantly though. 2 guys here still use them in competition, in NSPL classes, because last year the fuse rating had to be 150 or less, and it has a 120 amp fuse rating. Guy with one of them hit 148.xx yesterday on 2 12's, and could have been a bit louder, but they couldn't get his cd player to quit skipping.

He should try a cd changer or a different location for the source unit...

well thats alittle bit of good news, i guess I'll just run it untill i get an other 2000X and team it up with the one i got to replace the 4000X, damn but those 2000X's are getting hard to find.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Edited by Iced2

i would hold onto tthat exterminater line of amps,them old ones are some of the best competition amps,i just would keep the gain down for daily use and it should be fine,the exterminaters they make now are entry level