Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Fiberglass console for subs in truck

Hey guys, been awhile since I have been on here to pick your brains. I had my Charger SRT, got it set up nicely, and realized I really dislike cars so I sold it and got a F150, 4 door. Every truck I have had I put a fiberglass lid on the back and did a blowthrough going into the cab. I have always been happy with that, but could never haul anything. In keeping with a truck theme, I am planning on keeping the back open this time. To get a decent amount of bass I would like to rip out the back seat and put two individual seat in there and build a custom fiberglass console running up to the front seat, maybe a little further.

So, have any of you tried this or heard a system set up like this. I have seen them many times in Truckin' magazine, but have never heard one myself and am curious before I spend all this money. I am hoping to run around 4 Q 10's, 12's if they will fit, and make the enclosure ported somehow. Would this be possible or should I just realize the only good bass I can get out of a truck is with those little enclosures under the seat?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this