theMessenjah44

I feel like such a noob, but here it is

Just for example...I want to run 4 subs off a monoblock amp with 2 channels of amplification. If I run 2 subs wired in series to get my desired ohm load. Say I'm putting out 500 watts to one channel of power, do both subs see 500 watts? or is it changed a little?

a monoblock is just that, mono. even if it has two sets of speaker "outputs", they are connected inside the case. only one channel.

so if you have four subs wired to the correct impedence, and it's a 1000wrms amp, the power is divided between the drivers, so ~250watts per driver.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

typically when mono amps have 2 channels it just makes it more convenient to hook 2 subs up in a series

typically when mono amps have 2 channels it just makes it more convenient to hook 2 subs up in a series

a mono block doesnt have 2 channels... hence the name. and when there are 2 outputs on a monoblock they are usually paralled inside the amp.... mrray13 just explained it

one one part of this has any truth...and it's the reason amp manufacturers do it. some monoblock amps do indeed have a pair of "outputs". they are only there to make it easier in hooking up multipule subs. it can't be bridged, wired in series or stereo. as stated earlier, they are paralled internally, there is really, truly , only one channel of output in a monoblock amp. remember, mono=one

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Remember to count your ohms as one channel. I have a little bazooka mono like that with two + and two - terminals that are joined inside. It is made to run at 2 ohms; to run with two 4 ohm subs wired to the 4 terminals. Or you could put a connector on both + and both - sub wires and use one + and one - terminal, same thing; the amp sees 2ohm load both ways. The two channels are paralleled inside. Oops I mean two sets of terminals since there is only one channel! They are laid out like this also: ++-- which would be strange on a 2ch amp.

Edited by sqguyib