the727kid

Switch Amp around?

Is it possible to switch the casing around o the amp, so the RCAs are on the left side?

Also Jacob I need two speakers screws for a 100.4 please :)

Is it possible to switch the casing around o the amp, so the RCAs are on the left side?

Also Jacob I need two speakers screws for a 100.4 please :)

Send me an e-mail about the screws, it'll just cost postage -- sundownz@sundownaudio.com

You can swap the center plate, but the part number will be upside down -- I will remedy this in later revisions by printing the part number mirrored in the opposite corner as well.

As for swapping the board the other way -- you will have to drill all new holes for the MOSFET retainers and flip the whole PCB. Big PITA.

Yea I figured that... the number will be pretty much hidden so no biggy. I will send you an e-mail right now.

how does one go about rotating the center plate ? i also have this problem... :popcorn:

it wasent on the FAQ page :)

Edited by Lord Baccus

how does one go about rotating the center plate ? i also have this problem... :popcorn:

it wasent on the FAQ page :)

Two allen screws, thats it :)

only downside from rotating the center outside bar is that the model label would be upside down. :P

only downside from rotating the center outside bar is that the model label would be upside down. :P

Yep. I will be addressing this on each SAX and SAZ amp model as the new heatsink makes it's way to them. I will print the model number mirrored in the opposite corner as well. This will make it identical with the bar flipped either way.

kinda off topic but when does the new heat sink hit the 1500D and the 100.4? i still need to pick up those amps and id like to get them before the heatsinks change and then they dont match the 1500 and the 100.2 i have now. I know i saw it posted someplace but i cant remember where i saw it.

Thanks

kinda off topic but when does the new heat sink hit the 1500D and the 100.4? i still need to pick up those amps and id like to get them before the heatsinks change and then they dont match the 1500 and the 100.2 i have now. I know i saw it posted someplace but i cant remember where i saw it.

Thanks

On the next run of them... probably within 3-4 months or so.

It is a very close match -- the face is exactly the same. The side has a few more fins... the big difference is that it is 10mm taller and has a BUNCH of fins under the face.

Thanks

It is a very close match -- the face is exactly the same. The side has a few more fins... the big difference is that it is 10mm taller and has a BUNCH of fins under the face.

ok cool. so if they were flush mounted you really wouldnt see any difference then i take it

Thanks

ok cool. so if they were flush mounted you really wouldnt see any difference then i take it

Nope, not as long as you compensated for the 10mm height difference :)