Sign in to follow this  
Lifted03Silverado

3 10s or 2 12s

I have a 07 GMC sierra crew cab so air space is limited.

I think I may be able to fit 3 10s or atleast 2 not so deep 12s

I love hard hitting bass and a good ass rumble. I listen to alot of fast rock and r&b

I was thinking about going with Fi subs

But what kind of amp should I get? Something that will run 1ohm stable? Id like to throw about 1,500+ watts to the subs

Are you trying to go sealed or ported?

A 1 ohm stable amp is important to have it gives you a lot more flexability on hook up options. The amps I see recomended on here often are Sundown, Kicker, and Rockford fosgate. All of those brands have amps that can do the power you are looking for and do it at 1 ohm stable.

Are you trying to go sealed or ported?

A 1 ohm stable amp is important to have it gives you a lot more flexability on hook up options. The amps I see recomended on here often are Sundown, Kicker, and Rockford fosgate. All of those brands have amps that can do the power you are looking for and do it at 1 ohm stable.

I have to go sealed I dont have enough room to do ported. The measurements off the box will look very close to 51/52"L x 18"W x 3 1/2" sloping up to 7 1/2" at the end of the seat.

These are measurements coming from under the seat thats why the height varies.

So anyways it looks like I can run a 6" deep sub at max, that would be with the magnet hitting the box and the face of the sub hitting the seat. I need more height

Can kickers run 1 ohm stable? every time i see there ratings it just says 2 ohms

Edited by SEC

I know that the SX1250.1 is 1 ohm stable... but I don't know about the rest of their amps.

The problem is that with the low mounting depth you cut your options down a lot. I don't think that is deep enough for the FI's I think that the SSD 10 is around 6.5 deep and the 12's are a little more.

I dont know a lot about the shallow subs out there... Maybe someone else can give you more help than me on that issue. I have never had to deal with a low depth problem. :(