RB1997

question about ohms

hey everyone, i am looking into 2 kicker 12" 4 ohm subs. now the problem is idk what amp to buy because the rating are different for different ohms (i think but i have no idea). what would that be 1 at 2 or 1 at 4, or am i just all mixed up and way off.

4 ohm single or dual voice coil?

Most of the time, if you're looking to maximize power out of an amplifier you want to run it at the lowest impedance load it's stable to...

its dual voice

if your looking at a pair of dual voice coil 4ohm subs, that means you need to look for an amp that's 1 at 1ohm stable, 1 at 4 ohm stable or 2 at 2ohm stable.

with those three options, there are plenty of mono block amps available that are 1 ohm stable, and the last two are found on most all two channel amps.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

if your looking at a pair of dual voice coil 4ohm subs, that means you need to look for an amp that's 1 at 1ohm stable, 1 at 4 ohm stable or 2 at 2ohm stable.

with those three options, there are plenty of mono block amps available that are 1 ohm stable, and the last two are found on most all two channel amps.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks mrray

your welcome ryan

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

alright, i think i have is figured out, finaly. there's a 900 watt amp that has 500 watts when its 1 at 4. and 2 kicker 4ohm 12" subs. Will that work???? hopefully :(