Sign in to follow this  
RB1997

box building

alrighty, im gonna be making my box soon for my single cab truck. the dementions are (L)36" x (H)27" x (D1)3" x (D2)9". That is cutting it realy close because its 2.291 cubic feet. im going to run 2 kicker 12" compVR's which need 1 cubic foot at a minimum. im making it sealed so i have to make the two chambers, so will that 3/4" wood in between the subs reduce the volume to less than 1 cubic foot?? also, that is going to be right up next to my seat and i can't move it anymore closer (i'll be kissing the wheel) do i have to change the depth so it won't hit my seat???

That might be a good idea, unless you like your moofers giving you a back massage instead of making noise.

lol, thats not what i was going for, it would be a nice thing though. anyways, how much do you think would be ok? 1"

k thanks, so i'll have to have my box go 8.5" over back window to get just over 2 cubic feet. How much room do i need behind the sub (its 6 1/4" deep) will 7.5" be enough?

Edited by Ryan

You mean how much behind the butt of the magnet? That's going to be something you'll have to test in all honesty, as the sound is going to change with how close the back wall is to the sub. I'd say give it as much as you can afford.