bigtoepfer

to Fi or not to Fi

So here is what i am currently looking at.

haven't bought the amp yet but i probably will unless someone has a better idea.

Planet Audio RXD2400

I'm open to suggestion on the amp as well.

I drive a honda Fit. and i am putting a system in it. I have been living off of the philosophy less is more for quite sometime. But now i've decided to change things up a little.

Being that i work in the car audio industry as a salesman i need a good system. One that sounds good because i listen to all types of music. and one thats loud because well if your sh**s not loud then for some reason you don't get any respect. So my goal is to get 1 10" sub and blow away these guys who think that having multiple 12s or 15s is neccessary. I've seen it done with 2 10s and 3000watts. These were atomic 10s in a custom ported box in a chevy silverado single cab.

Anyway, so i'm looking to get 1 10 or if i have to 1 12 that will sound good when i'm in the car and when i have friends along, and that the fiance won't complain about. But if i wanted to compete or just show off or show up someone i could. So i've been looking around for awhile.

That lead me to Fi.... I'm looking at the Fi BL 10 with some options and i must say i don't quite understand them all so if the flatwound voice coil could be explaind that would be great. If u don't suggest the BL or Fi for that matter any suggestions would be appreciated.

If i wanted to stick with the stuff that my store sells i'd either get the Alpine type x 12 or a pioneer premier 3004. If u think that those would be good choices let me know, but if theres better then let me know that too.

Also i was thinking ported even tho i know the sealed will probably sound better, my last 3 setups have been ported and i really liked them. albeit they were in a trunk of a car not in a hatch back.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Dont buy that amp, from what I read RD is kind of a shady company. Please, do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere!

You would be lucky if that amp put out 1000 watts, a stock BL will eat 1000 watts daily easy, I ran 1200 to 1500 to mine daily, it didnt have any upgrades to it at all, completly stock.

-unit 6639

Dont buy that amp, from what I read RD is kind of a shady company. Please, do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere!

What do u mean RD? what is that. The amp is made by planet audio, and the model is RXD2400 because its 2400 wrms at 1 ohm and "3000" peak.

that planet amp is alright, if you get it pretty cheap, i had one on a XXX at one time and it pushed it fine, it may be a little much for that BL though

Well my shop sells the RXD2400 for about $550. But i'm gonna get mine for 4 something. Just trying to figure out what the best subwoofer would be for what i'm trying to do.

the BL 10" is an awesome woofer, saw a vid of a guy hitting 148.6 or 148 point something with a BL 10 in his trunk, ported, off of 2500 watts, pretty impressive IMO, says it's capable of 150 and I don't don't it, lol window flex with one 10. (fully loaded with options of course)

the BL 10" is an awesome woofer, saw a vid of a guy hitting 148.6 or 148 point something with a BL 10 in his trunk, ported, off of 2500 watts, pretty impressive IMO, says it's capable of 150 and I don't don't it, lol window flex with one 10. (fully loaded with options of course)

any idea what kinda box he was running? i have a single 10 build in the works

i did 142 off my single 10bl in a reg slot ported box car sealed t/l on the glass, daily tuned.

You can find used Orion 2500Ds and Kicker 2500s for about the same price and better quality, but there is no need to run that much power to a single Fi sub unless you are buying the BTL. A good number of people run about 1500 watts to the BL and love it.

Sadly, I never had my single BL 10" metered, but it was damn loud I know that! I fed it 1200 to 1500 watts from a Kicker kx2500.1 , I would say 2500 is a little much for a stock one though, mine was completly stock and took 1500 watts easy.

With my current situation, I am really sad I traded it away :(

-unit 6639

What do u mean RD? what is that. The amp is made by planet audio, and the model is RXD2400 because its 2400 wrms at 1 ohm and "3000" peak.

Misread it, thought it was the Revolution audio amp I saw on another forum, sorry for crapping up your thread.

lol, its an easy mistake. I was interested tho i thought u might have been right. But i've only heard good things come out of those amps. I've heard that its the same board from the poweracoutik multiple times. But to be honest i've never had a problem from power acoustik either depending on the model.

My boss "REALLY" wants me to promote some stuff from the store. which makes alot of sense cuz if i take someone outside and let them hear it and its awesome then i can't sell them the stuff. So now i'm trying to decide between a few things from the store.

lol, its an easy mistake. I was interested tho i thought u might have been right. But i've only heard good things come out of those amps. I've heard that its the same board from the poweracoutik multiple times. But to be honest i've never had a problem from power acoustik either depending on the model.

My boss "REALLY" wants me to promote some stuff from the store. which makes alot of sense cuz if i take someone outside and let them hear it and its awesome then i can't sell them the stuff. So now i'm trying to decide between a few things from the store.

you could always get the woofer and just use all the rest of the store stuff for promo, wires amps, mids, highs etc. just an idea.

look this guy got 2500 watts to the BL but prolly with the options. my set-up is with 1 SSD 12" and i already got 1200 watts on it. i think the BL can handle more than the SSD can... o and about the amps, i think hifonics are really good.

you could always get the woofer and just use all the rest of the store stuff for promo, wires amps, mids, highs etc. just an idea.

I ended up going with 2 SSA Icon 10s. And going to promote the store with teh rest of the stuff. UPS has screwed up shipping once again tho. So i have to wait until Jan 23rd. LOL