ss-audio

2007 XXX 18 Wall

Aside from the controversy, which I'm glad we all agree on, you did a really great job man. Looks clean, how does it sound though??? lol

From your perspective, cuz I could see your customer just saying it was better and not even knowing.

great work man

Thanks,

For right now I did not have the strapping module for the two MD3d's so I have an amp on each coil of the MX. With it operating this way even the MX sounded like it was lacking power a bit. It will be perfectly complete once i get those two amps strapped. Have not mic'd just the 18 alone yet but it sounds like mid 140's legal at the 30-35hz range. After tuning everything at the shop it ended up sounding very good. I was playing the Kottonmouth Kings DVD and I must say I thought the XXX components sounded very clean and not too bright. The rockford components I put in the doors were a bit too bright but def. sounded better then any other rockford speakers I have installed. What seemed like a strange idea for a setup ended up working out pretty well. I backed the 12's off quite a bit. Once they were sealed off completely they sounded clean just picking up most overtones that the 18 did not. I made plates for the sides and recessed the amplifiers all upside down which is not pictured. I will try and get some better pics up when the customer returns from AZ after christmas.

Edited by ss-audio