Sign in to follow this  
bigcam112

amp RCA connections

i just heard something weird from a tech at Hifonics. the reason i am not getting sound is because i have "stereo input RCAs" or something of that nature not "mono" ones... so now i have to buy a splitter that will connect to one of my old RCA cables that will be split in to two for the two inputs on the amp... if that makes any sense.... i find this weird because on my old RF amp it has matching colors for each of my old RCA cables which made it so i didnt need to buy a splitter... is this normal? i thought it would be straight forward red to white but i guessed wrong...or so i hope!

It would help if you gave us a little more backround information instead of just spouting nonsense out of your ass.

LOLOLOL sounds like diarrhea.. but anyways problem fixed. basically i was just asking if it is odd or not that my

Hifonics(1606D (background info)) amp needs a mono signal instead of a stereo signal from the RCAs connected. because my first amp a Rockford Fosgate (600.1BD(background info)) would work fine with the stereo connection (red and white).

sorry for the diarrhea i got on you Johnecon =(

did you call CIA engineering???

i never had a problem with my goliath and the RCA's i had alot of other problems!

yeah acid thats why i thought it was kinda weird... maybe its some new thing they are doing =/...

big john i talked to the tech guy at hifonics, and he was able to help me figure out what it was...

i was getting kind of worried because i lost the receipt and i bought it from Frys and i dont know about you but the customer service and return area suck donkey balls where i live. thank god its fixed!

ahh well i never shopped a frys before i went there once, cia engineering is the repair shop for the maxxonics as a whole i was intrested in knowing if you spoke with them or someone else, the reasons being, is thay are so slow.. idont think its cia as much as its maxxonixs and there parts provider... either way my goliath has been in there hands for 7 months now... im so sad i just wanna get it back so i can sell it

god damn 7 months?!!? thats insane! what happened to it and what is the reason behind them keeping it for so damn long?!

lol, ok this is gonna be long!!!!! ibought this amp from a man that is in the DB drags, fresh from CIA, with a new used driver board and 16 new mosfits, remaned, with a birthsheet and ray the man i bought from even tested it and showed me numbers that his UL 12 posted,

hes shipped it to me, and UPS raped this amp, but i hooked it up to test at 4 ohms it played fine, and i ran it that way for a week or so, hard and long, it was fine..

i bought 2 fully loaded FI BL's hooked it up it played, then i pulled one sub from the box, in my rush to reload the sub i didnt make good connection inside the box, i didnt check the ohm load before i wired it up and played, i ran the goliath at .50 ohms and it shut off, CLICK CLICK protect, everytime,

i called ray and CIA thay said send it up maybe it was that used driver board, but no. after 4 months thay fixed it.. and while burning in the amp, testing it at high power for hours, my amp didnt make it 10 mins, thay were stumped.

while the people at CIA are very nice, and im sure great engineers from what thay tell me maxxonics orders 10000 parts and driver bored so on, when thay are building 10000 amps..... thay dont order extra parts for repairs, so when CIA needs parts. maxxonics calls there supplier and there supplier says yeah well were makin other parts right now, we will make them when we get to it,

thus my amp sitts on a shelf with 2000 other goliaths, maxximus and others,

BUT, thats a certified repair...... there are many many companys out there that will used hybrid parts and paper clips inside your amp and charge you 350 for a fire hazerd, 2 ways the right way and the NOW way

wow dude thats really a huge bummer i bet whether you plan on using it or just selling it. thats funny right now im actually at home right now waiting to sign for my Fi BL that says its on its way here pretty soon.... im really excited!

wow dude thats really a huge bummer i bet whether you plan on using it or just selling it. thats funny right now im actually at home right now waiting to sign for my Fi BL that says its on its way here pretty soon.... im really excited!

thay are sexy ass subs, you wont be sad!